Terminology change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: Current law

What law do you wish to change/add: Public Setting is currently:
A Public Setting is any location that can be seen unobstructed from a public area such as inside rooms with windows facing a public area.

I wish to change one part to not include looking inside private property i.e. looking inside windows.

Why should this change/addition be made: This needs to change as currently with this terminology, lets say you live in wood cabin 2, you cant even be in your own house with a firearm on your back because it breaks public displayal due to this.

Example, today I looked out of my window in slums, police officer decided "oh lets go ticket them for public displayal" this is stopping me from being allowed to walk past my own windows or even if im on a ground floor property from having a gun on my back for protection.

Can be resolved by boarding up windows, but why should I have to board it up if I just want to live in peace with a firearm in my own property?

What is the aim of this change/addition: To stop cops and people calling 911 about seeing people walking in their own homes with a firearm on their back as it causes so many issues with tension between people and police and then causes cops to think that they can come to the apartment and confiscate the gun just because you walked past a window.

Sample version: A Public Setting is any location that can be seen unobstructed from a public area such as inside rooms with windows facing a public area. - With regards to Displayable laws, properties on a ground level may not be charged with this as long as they are on a private property and not using their firearm in an aggressive manner unnecessarily

Last edited:
Reaction score
Common sense says that it's not really reasonable for people to be ticketed for merely having a gun on their back in a window.

Practically, this law is in place to stop people aiming guns out of windows.
[DOUBLEPOST=1498407125,1493375416][/DOUBLEPOST]Accepted for consideration by the council. Rewording

Status
Not open for further replies.