The First Day on the Job

Reaction score
Hello people, I was a bit bored so I decided to write this story which takes some inspiration from my own experiences on the first day I was a police officer in Paralake City.
Feburary 3rd
Paralake Police Department

"Everything seems in check, Mr Trulock," stated the woman at the front desk, three amber chevrons sewn crudely into her shirt. An azure cap hung low over her hair, the brim shielding her face as I stood, thrusting my hands into my dilapidated jeans. A gale force, plus the raw blizzard hailing outside meant that a trip back to the sanguinary and safety of the suburbs would be a no-go. The female simply sat at her mahogany desk, taking her time to flick through soggy documents - oblivious to the world around her. It almost seemed as if you could shoot up the entire city, bring their limp bodies to the police department, line them up and she still wouldn't notice.
"Okay sir, I'm just going to need you to fill out this quick question sheet before you can hop aboard."

The Oxford blue shirt and pants clung to my skin like rubber as I heaved them on my shivering body. Peering deeper into the shabby changing room locker, I noticed a lightweight vest resting on its side. Curious, I plunged my hand into the dark confines of the locker and pulled out the vest. The ridged sides of the vest yielded obvious projectile protection, and the distinctive letters 'POLICE' were lined up in the center of the item. I tugged the velcro straps open and fastened the vest around my chest, before grabbing my - not surprisingly lacking in equipment - duty belt and clipped it around the perimeter of my waist. I turned around and peered into the mirror, looking at my irresponsible, fatigued self and wondering how I was granted the place in the Paralake Police Department anyway.

"Hi, what's up, rookie? Would you like to get your firearm?" He gestured to a high-caliber automatic rifle secure in a gun rack. My eyes lit up with joy, as what better way to spend your first day then serving justice with your M4A1 on the streets? I could be the hero, the crime solver, the city's savior. That was, until I learned that we are all just jigsaw pieces in this messed up world - contributing to crime and corruption. Putting that deep fantasy aside, I received a peculiar glance from the armory officer as he repeated his question. I snapped into reality as the officer placed a worn sidearm on the counter. I say placed, however that would only be true if your definition of placed was menacingly slamming something down and shouting at the same time.
"Beretta 92FS. A common choice in our state, as I presume you know. You will be issued five magazines, not including one inside your firearm." The officer hastily snatched the gun out of my raw hands and pulled out a loaded clip. "This could be your difference between life and death. This is your protection from lethal force. Respect it and keep it in good condition, or expect some sort of punishment. Kappische?"
I nodded slowly, then retrieved the firearm and slid it into my holster. The Beretta had a sleek feel to it, coated in black and shiny metal. Issuing a subtle wave goodbye, the armory officer went back to coffee and gun greasing.

END OF CHAPTER ONE
Chapter Two will be uploaded later.
Comment if you want to be featured in future chapters.

Reaction score
Good to know people are bringing the stories back I might even go back to my Detective Files which is similar just with some action in and based on characters owned by a few members.

I am looking forward into this, if you need any advice about stories lemme know.