The Rise and Fall of PERPHeads

Deleted member 1235

199576.jpg

Reaction score
Waiting for that essay explaining that PERP is fine, the PLPD is changing for the better, people have died from heart attacks induced by Summer exams, admin discretion is fine (I smell a Jewish conspiracy) and the community will get better soon. :pompus::writing::wtf::vomit:

Reaction score
This was amazing, nearly brought a tear to my eye smh

I miss you Gino Lucheezy :( <3

Reaction score
why do you sound like you're about to cry in this video

also i kinda disagree with the point about community superstars leaving, with those that leave come new ones

Reaction score
also i kinda disagree with the point about community superstars leaving, with those that leave come new ones
So who is it now? Those kids that run around with LOOC binds? The server is influenced by the staff team nowadays and players have little input into what happens unlike before. High PLPD ranks are also majority filled by people that hold a staff rank.

Reaction score
I can't think of one thing I fervently disagree with there.

One thing I definitely agree with is the point on the PD. Although I liked the PD whitelist at first, I found it really drove new players away, and things like IA drove long standing members like myself away. Because when you play PERP you don't want your favorite job to become a chore.

Reaction score
I can't think of one thing I fervently disagree with there.

One thing I definitely agree with is the point on the PD. Although I liked the PD whitelist at first, I found it really drove new players away, and things like IA drove long standing members like myself away. Because when you play PERP you don't want your favorite job to become a chore.

I haven't been here for years, but randomly stumbled across this post. Most of you probably don't know who I am. However, I used to be an admin some years ago. I joined the server with @LEWIS 088 , probably a more familiar name for many of you. Left for some reasons, later come back and became a moderator. When I returned all the "new" PD things were in place.

I totally agree with you, the PD felt like a chore. You had to asslick high ranked members to get anywhere. I wasn't able to patrol with my friends, since they couldn't be bothered to apply and some of my friends that I tried to get in the server thought it sucked that they couldn't be police and quickly left again. From what I noticed during my time as an admin, was that people HATE using the forums/external websites for things that happen ingame. They want it solved directly. I agree with this myself. Every time I had a complaint about an officer, it took hours to find someone in charge in game and when you finally found someone they would just say "eh, make a post on the forums". It just ruined the RP.

Simply put, I believe most people start doing government jobs before they become "criminals". Police was the most attractive job and it was taken away from the new players. Do I believe the "new" PD was single handedly responsible for the loss of players? Nope, but probably a big part. This wasn't a problem until old players stopped playing, but when they did new players didn't join.

Reaction score
soo did i understand right that the server is dying because people having a war between feng lovers ? and feng haters ? it never felt like that for me in the total 1 month of my playtime.

But on some points i can heavly agree i was a sweater back in the days when olsen and pengiun ship existed. Everyday i got raided and if it wasnt olsen i got raided by paralake penguin ship. They legit raided with alot of men. The raids they failed still kinda made me go broke because the PLPD then searched my whole house confiscating all my shit. When you die in defending you automaticly lost ur drugs because ether raiders gonna get it or the PLPD gonna confiscate it.

Reaction score
Here's how to fix it:

Stop playing and buying VIP until they decide to do what would bring back a playerbase by making the gamemode more newbie friendly by getting rid of the horrendous, grindy and complicated systems which includes drugs, whitelist for the PD as well as reverting to the old marksmanship system so veterans don't have a advantage over those without any marksmanship levels.

Why did people play back in the "golden age"? Here's why:
-PD was open to everyone and not a rank grind fest, trusted people could apply for Supervisor and help out where needed instead of making it look like a full time job (*cough* Command)
-SWAT is something everyone played. I've been in TFU Command for god knows for how long and I'd be willing to remove all of our hard work just to get more people to play on the server again by un-whitelisting it. If people are being shit at the job you can always blacklist them for a set period of time.
-Staff intervention aswell as targetting is a big thing that made PERP less fun, staff mostly didn't give a crap with IC related beef. But now you have staff targetting most people by spectating them when they recently got back onto the server after a high warning or ban record, banning them for longer thanks to something called staff discretion or that one time where we car bombed Nade which ended up in someone getting banned without even a Admin situation or report.

I myself sometimes go on PERP just to shoot people which admittedly is the only fun thing to do right now. Passive RP is rarely interacted with when I tried it and everyone's just in a big old zerg of powerful and rich people holing themselves up in a bunker taking their Vitamin D pills due to their lack of sunlight. I'll find myself with less time in the future but Garry's Mod is just one of those games that won't die out so easily yet, it still has some years to go but where PERP is heading to right now the community itself will be drowned out and never be found in the public server list due to the low amount of players.

Oh, and please get rid of the supercars. I'll make a suggestion about this later.

Edit:
Should probably add this instead of looking like a complete douchebag for what I wrote in the red text above lmao thx moron, some quote I made on another thread cba to fix this on mobile
"And yeah, I might've gone overboard with the BOYCOTT PERP STOP DONATING REEE shit but we still haven't even heard anything from Senior Administration or the Developer team to discuss and confront this issue of PERP losing its playercount. It was a desperate attempt to try and get some attention from them which clearly still hasn't worked as far as I am aware."

Last edited:
Reaction score
(Quote from Creepis)Why did people play back in the "golden age"? Here's why:
-PD was open to everyone, trusted people could apply for Supervisor and help out where needed instead of making it look like a full time job (*cough* Command) (Quote from Creepis)

I fully agree on the part about the PD. I worked my ass off for them for 2 years. building my way up to sargeant. Almost made captain once even lieutenant. then i got told by a source that i did not get the lieutenant slot simply because the captain did not like me. He as well made no effort in trying to get to know me. And as i said. 2 years of my life i spent working for PLPD. trying to help the best i could. When it all came down to "business" i got throw out of the PD because i did not show up for 1 month. Thats 2 years of my life i spent on a fictional police department in a god damn game. This is not real life. This is a god damn game. It is meant to be for fun and not as a god damn job. We do not get payed for this at all.

Last edited: