Model Suggestion Tinting windows and more car customizing!

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Tinting windows and more car customizing!
Suggestion Description: Some more customizing on cars, example, rims, tinting windows, etc. Just simple customizing. I think that would have been really cool.

Why should this be added?:
- To look cooler! and people cant see who driving.

What negatives could this have?:

Reaction score
Hello,

This is something I have previously suggested and others also have.

Unfortunately due to the limitations this isn't possible.

Reaction score
I wanted to suggest this but I had to make sure it wasn't a dupe. So here we are, I am all for this idea and to add my own two cents here is some testing I did on only my r34 so far in single player to see how much customization which is part of TDM that we are currently missing out on on the live PERPHeads server. To be honest I was pretty surprised and I really hope developers can consider adding a way for players to individually change all these car parts precisely to their liking. Like If I wanted a specific bumper and a specific wing or so on. I acknowledge @GamingPeach said there are "limitations," and I am curious to hear more about what those limitations are.

Reaction score
Hello,

This is something I have previously suggested and others also have.

Unfortunately due to the limitations this isn't possible.
It is possible to tint windows on TDMCar models, it’s just making it something that can be toggled is near impossible and would likely require a separate model for the tinted version.

I acknowledge @GamingPeach said there are "limitations," and I am curious to hear more about what those limitations are.
Limitations in the sense that it would require significantly more setting up than just adding an outer texture to the car, then having to do this for every single car. This would increase the content packs file size massively too, take heaps of time to do, and would be scuffed as shit.

Reaction score
Also From a PD standpoint for Customisable Civ cars,would also make it harder to see if people have weapons on Back ETC(Unless you have bright weapon skins)

Reaction score
Please don't do this, tinted windows added a nightmare to police roleplay and cut roleplay in half from the community I was from. Seeing people with their guns is appropriate to keep the flow of rp for police and as cool as tint is especially 100% black tint it ruins so much possible rp

Reaction score
Guys my idea isn’t just the windows, it’s also the ability to change the spoiler, bumper, wheels etc to your liking based on what’s already included as every body part for every TDM car

Reaction score
Guys my idea isn’t just the windows, it’s also the ability to change the spoiler, bumper, wheels etc to your liking based on what’s already included as every body part for every TDM car
That would require a Fuckton of new assets ETC and development work,if im honest I think the server doesn't really need more customizable features on vehicles.

Reaction score
That would require a Fuckton of new assets ETC and development work,if im honest I think the server doesn't really need more customizable features on vehicles.
We don’t know that for sure unless the developers confirm that. In retrospect the idea is suggesting just a more in depth version of the already implemented customizing NPC so that instead of choosing preset cosmetic kits it enables the player to pick a precise setup based on the already implemented server assets which are part of the TDM cars add on. The most time consuming part I’m guessing is price tagging but I can’t see how this feature would damage the server in anyway besides the window tints which are debated.