Traffic Suggestions

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just figured I would create a post allowing for anyone who wants to. To provide some constructive feedback on how you think the RTU could be improved overall! Any form of constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance friends.

Reaction score
Think we should be able to turn right on red like in US, perhaps less illegal parking ticket hungry officers when the vehicle owner is nearby, issuing them a verbal warning giving them a chance to park their cars properly.

Reaction score
Prior to my demotion due to a server ban, I wanted to do an RTU training session/PD wide training session improving driving and teaching officers the tricks criminals may use on you in a chase. Improved driving will help everyone and it will further improve the PD's skills on stopping vehicles while having the chance to gunpoint criminals and not just get shot on spot due to their poor co-ordination.

The unmarked vehicles we have are not being used correctly or with the right intentions for the majority, and its just whoever gets it first gets it and they normally just drive it around and don't use it for little sting operations. RTU officers need to be taught a little bit more on how they use their vehicles and how they present themselves since the majority of the time I see the unmarked cars speeding. I saw this first hand when I was RTU command.

Everything else I see with RTU is fine, its got a new and improved application process and a strong command team as a whole with many well known and well respected officers like @Tyla Jai and @Hayden to assist with the runnings of RTU.

Mim

Reaction score
unmarked vehicles we have are not being used correctly or with the right intentions for the majority
- This is already being combated with recent changes and we are cracking down on use of vehicle policy.

RTU officers need to be taught a little bit more on how they use their vehicles
This is starting to be improved slowly with our new application process, however, we do have plans in place to increase this in the future.

Thanks for the nice comments though!

Reaction score
I took traffic suggestions as more of a general thing, RTU command can probably help it be implemented in if they see fit.

Reaction score
@Mimball I can understand that, and I respect that. Just wanted to point it out not that it came to me as a major problem.

Reaction score
honestly I think that RTO's should fill in their roles a lot more than they are doing currently. most raids I have been in the normal officers create perimiters while RTU runs in with the others to shoot people down. I have close to never seen RTU do any traffic redirections during raids. yes they know how to take out vehicles in a high speed persuit, and their super fast vehicles makes them respond to certain situations really fast, but I believe that RTU should make their officers focus on the Road Traffic bit more rather than make it a more extended version of patrol.

I have not only come here to just point out issues, I'll give some sollutions aswell. You can make policies giving RTO's more specific things to do during raids or you can withdraw the weapons from only the officers so they are like the Traffic enforcers how they used to be.

but that's my honest opinion on it, do with it as you may.

Mim

Reaction score
honestly I think that RTO's should fill in their roles a lot more than they are doing currently. most raids I have been in the normal officers create perimeters while RTU runs in
- This is being addressed currently, cracking down on things a lot more

You can make policies giving RTO's more specific things to do during raids or you can withdraw the weapons from only the officers so they are like the Traffic enforcers how they used to be.
- This is something I've spoken about before, however, its extremely unlikely to happen as it will drive 90% of officers away to RTU, therefore we are trying other options of enforcing this.

Reaction score
As Mimball said above we are taking more priority in ensuring RRO’s are performing their duties correctly. It’s a big concern of ours, and we are looking to actively fix that.

Reaction score
I genuinely think that training sessions should be joint with traffic as well as patrol. Half being around patrol, half being traffic, mixes up things.
I Believe myself, Mimball discussed something similar before @Bert got command, and came up with ideas. If anyone has any ideas, please contact me by clicking THIS.
Sadly, I'm not sure how to get it to add bert and mimball so you'd have to add them yourself.

Reaction score
RTU doesn't need any more updates or additions to the division as it has been the primary focus of PD Based updates for a significant time now.

Sincerely,
The community.

:)

Mim

Reaction score
This isn't really what this thread is about, this is about changing the way its ran in terms of officer quality etc, something for RTU Command to do not the dev team.

Reaction score
Thanks for your input but these would be internal changes. As clearly stated. Things such as divisional policy changes, recruitment changes, or operating changes.

Reaction score
I have been taking a look at the way we currently conduct stage 2’s within the application process, and was interested to see if anyone has input on this process (Past or current applicants). As it stands currently there is a set date for RTU Stage 2’s and this results in a large portion of applicants being unable to attend, I have reached out to a few members of the community to receive input, but figured I may as well open it up to the community to put in some feedback on how these stage 2’s are conducted. Any and all input is much appreciated :) and it doesn’t just have to be about this particular point.

Reaction score
Run 2 sessions 1 during the week 1 at the weekend to provide max flexibility to applicants

Reaction score
This was actually soemtning I was looking into. A big issue would be training staff attendance though, I can’t say for certain how trainers would feel about having to try to attend 2 sessions per week, this is something I plan on looking into though :)

Reaction score
@Bert You could swap them around per week. Ie one week it on the weekend another its during the week

Reaction score
I understand your point. But I am not only an RTU officer I am also a sergeant. When we have a massive raid going on. And I am the higest ranking officer on sence I am not going to hold the perimmiter. Then I will take the lead in the raid.

You also need to take in consideration that sometimes more then 60 procent of the officers thatvare 10-8 are RTU officers. We have no option of gearing down. Sometimes you just need the fire power. I rather have a traffic CPL with a shotgun covering me than a patrol senior officer with only a pistol.

I think the restructering of the PD will solve most problems. With officers having the option to gear down. We just have to be pacient.