Trafic Cams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Add trafic cams on all the lights, or above them.

Short explanation (in notes):
-They would look like security cams.
-Would be all around the map
-There would be computers that you could get on at the PD and watch them.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...): There would be a job at the PD, and you would get on the computers in the back and watch the lights for anybody running red lights or spot wanted people and cars. You add the Cams on lights, like at the intersection, and one at the storage watching the dead children street.

Optional additions:None

Reaction score
I don't see who would freely sit at the PD watching at a monitor the entire time. I mean right now the Police can't handle even the smallest situations without getting into a shootout. I also don't see why it should be added in.

No, i'm not trying to talk all the suggestions down, it is just my opinion.

Reaction score
I don't see any reasons in having traffic cams, as this is not completely like real life where you have number plates on every car etc; There are many red mini coopers that has no difference and other cars too, so you cannot tell what car it was, and you cannot really tell who was the owner. Too much efford will be put into adding this system too I assume.

Reaction score
To Tut Greco

I sorry to say that you are wrong, even if it is the wrong car. Than you can just move to the next one etc. until you find it. And the cams will spot what the guy looks like. Like a man has killed an officer, he is a black male with a green shirt on and driving in a red mini cooper. There is an example for you, so it would be useful, and it would put more RP in the server and get more people to communicate with others.

Sorry could not comment too many words.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I think this could be a good idea if thought out correctly, the current factor that I don't really agree with is the fact that people would have to sit in the PD and watch the cameras.
Possibly if the cameras automatically scanned the car and gave it an automatic ticket as it does in real life.

Reaction score
Add it to the dispatcher! That way he/she could dispatch units (using "Automatic unit system"), look at a map showing location of all government vehicles from above (map showing vehicles - already suggested by me somewhere) and look at cameras in various places, even the bank.
He could even be able to view Paralake in real-time satellite view... no, that would be too excessive.
Dispatching units and communicating on the radio promotes roleplay within police force and I'd like to work as a dispatcher who can do all those things listed above.

The biggest problem would be lots of coding. By the way, why don't you owners hire a coder or ask some community members to help?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know about programming and I know that it is very easy to do. The idea is good but there is a possible problem . People can to complain .
I am willing to give you + Support.
Here already is the role of the Developer . To have allocated the ability to set the limit speed cameras. Will it be the role of LT or maybe the Mayor .
But first, this idea would have to be accepted.

Reaction score
I just dont see why this should be added people want freedom not a ticket every 10 ft.

Speed Enforcers with speed cameras are enough if you want cameras they should be only in the city.

Reaction score
I know about programming and I know that it is very easy to do. The idea is good but there is a possible problem . People can to complain .
I am willing to give you + Support.
Here already is the role of the Developer . To have allocated the ability to set the limit speed cameras. Will it be the role of LT or maybe the Mayor .
But first, this idea would have to be accepted.
For people to change the speed limit in areas there would need to be corresponding speed signs that can change depending on what limit is set, this seems like a great way to add to the servers amazing performance in some areas. In other words people will either get pissed at lag or pissed that they got a ticket they didn't know about, It's a win win situation, or at least it is for people who like to bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.