Server Suggestion Treat corpses with respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Treat corpses with respect
Suggestion Description: I am tired of seeing paramedics/cops/firemen throw corpses off buildings/stairs, or flying over ambulances' roofs.

I believe realism should be enforced with corpse handling as you would not do the following IRL:
1.Treat a corpse disrespectfully (hitting head/limbs)
2.Be strong enough to throw a human corpse 10 feet into the air.

I know it would take additional time to drag bodies realistically, but definitely not throwing them off rooftops/stairs!!!

Why should this be added?:
- Realism and serious RP after all

What negatives could this have?:
- People would complain about taking additional time to handle multiple corpses.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Failure to realistically roleplay when handling corpses.

Reaction score
I personally think it's the convenience that plays a big factor. If you have a regals raid it's gonna be quicker to drop than to individually carry 10 dead bodies down the regals staircase.

I can get behind 2.1 and 3.3 being enforced more (or specific examples added), in situations where people touch corpses to minge, throw them on roofs, etc. Government employees and people who have a valid reason (e.g getting a body to the hospital, dragging them to a safe place to torch them) should be exempt.

Reaction score
Changes were already done to make ragdolls even more of a pain in the ass quite a bit ago, why make it even more painstaking? Sugarcoating it for “realism” hardly excuses it when gameplay should be taken into account too and would more likely just have corpses left to rot, which I think should just not be touched upon any more.

Reaction score
Welp we could also say that shooting people as a cop is easier to prevent crimes, or that not announcing your arrival as a cop is faster and directly rush in to the raided buildings, and even faster to not put barricades at all in traffic stops/towing situations, so why not remove the barricades entirely?

Reaction score
I don't really see an issue with the current system. Fun takes priority over realism. I don't think anyone is going to be having a better time because we made dead bodies more annoying.

Reaction score
Welp we could also say that shooting people as a cop is easier to prevent crimes, or that not announcing your arrival as a cop is faster and directly rush in to the raided buildings, and even faster to not put barricades at all in traffic stops/towing situations, so why not remove the barricades entirely?
That's just way out of proportion and incomparable to something as little as only moving a ragdoll

If treating corpses like trash bags is fun for you, you should really not even get close to one IRL
lmao

Reaction score
This is already something that can be enforced within the current rules - Has someone implied otherwise or told you in a report or something?

Reaction score
If treating corpses like trash bags is fun for you, you should really not even get close to one IRL
Wasn't really planning on it mate.

This suggestion seems to not be very well thought out, no one would benefit from a change within the physics system specifically for Ragdolls, it would make performing duties as government employees a pain to deal with. In addition to this, could also cause problems with lag, additional bugs and development time that could be used for something much more significant.

You compare Officers breaking policies on one occasion, and failing to perform their duties in the next, which is completely irrelevant to your suggestion.

Overall I don't believe any change is required to the ragdoll system and how people handle them.

Reaction score
Wasn't really planning on it mate.

This suggestion seems to not be very well thought out, no one would benefit from a change within the physics system specifically for Ragdolls, it would make performing duties as government employees a pain to deal with. In addition to this, could also cause problems with lag, additional bugs and development time that could be used for something much more significant.

You compare Officers breaking policies on one occasion, and failing to perform their duties in the next, which is completely irrelevant to your suggestion.

Overall I don't believe any change is required to the ragdoll system and how people handle them.
I never mentioned a change in ragdoll system, I am talking about enforcing realism

Reaction score
I never mentioned a change in ragdoll system, I am talking about enforcing realism
I had assumed otherwise due to it being in Ideas and suggestions and not Rule suggestions, either way, my points still stand.
Who is this negatively effecting when people are able to throw bodies? On some occasions I might agree, however other occasions I wouldn't.

For example, someone should be punished for throwing a corpse onto an unreachable roof, and typically they are punished for doing so.

However a government employee should not be punished for throwing corpses in order to move them to an ambulance to remove them.

Reaction score

The way the current system works pretty much impedes you from dragging bodies smoothly.
To change this, we'd have to make major adjustments, which would be a waste of resources.

Also as @peeps said, fun > realism

• Bad Spelling
Reactions: GP
Status
Not open for further replies.