Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic:
Umbrella

Short explanation:
-Add a new item: umbrella

Detailed description:
I know this is completly useless, and i can't asnwer "why should it be aded?" so don't ask.
I just was thinking while i was walking under the rain "where is my bloody umbrella? now i'm damn wet". Being able to hold an unbrella while you are walking adds a lot of realism and it's such a better way to show you are rich then wearing a top-hat (not because umbrellas are expensives, just because they are useless).

It should be an item (like the camera) so you need to equip it before using it and you will drop it if you die while it was equiped. People use the umbrellas even when it's sunny (to protect themselves from the light) so i think there's no point in thinking a way to negatively affect who's using it when it isn't raining, also because as i add in the options you can't run while holding it so i don't think many will use it when it isn't needed (it's optional, but even if this option won't be added i think people can use umbrellas) //EDIT: i just noticed, @StephenPuffs, you were talking about not using an umbrella when it's raining and not the opposite:
I thought this idea mainly just for an estetical fact, so no i wouldn't add any "debuff" to who isn't using an umbrella when it's raining, but i'll add an optional addition for this.

Optional additions:
  • You can't run while holding an umbrella
  • It counts as holding something, so you can't eat/refilling clips etc.
  • If it's raining and you haven't an umbrella equiped while you're outdoors your health will (very) slowly decrease

I know there're still many things that aren't explained about this idea, but honestly there isn't anything else that comes to mind now. If you want some more clarifications post your questions below

Last edited:
Reaction score
Few things...

What does this do for anyone?
Should being outdoors in the rain somehow negatively effect people?
If so, how?
How would this work? Is it an item/SWEP or what?

More detail of the idea really should be explained even if you don't know why. I would suggest that next time you create a discussion to fully work out a lot of the details before submitting a thread as an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.