Using tools whilst sitting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Using tools whilst sitting down

Short explanation (in notes):
-Being able to use guns, physguns, and weapons whilst sitting down.
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I feel that this should become added because there's a lot of scenarios where people try and defend themselves then accidentally sit down in a chair whilst trying to switch firing modes.
I know it's happened to me a lot.
This would also be handy so people could do drivebys a LOT easier than they do now. The only way to do it properly is by standing in the back of a truck (Buggy as hell, probably end up dying from it) and hoping to not get caught.

And I know that a lot of people will say "Umg this aint possible."
Take this you skrebs: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=601411453

This will also make it balanced: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=428278317
This is so you can take damage whilst sitting down.

Obviously, if this does happen, the creators will have to modify vehicles to make it possible for bullets to pass through them, which is why the addon to take damage whilst sitting down would come in handy.

Optional additions:
-The Sit Anywhere script might be handy as well for this? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108176967&searchtext=sit+anywhere

-
-
EDIT: Oopsie, wrong link XD.

Reaction score
I don't think the source engine will allow this because if you sit in a chair then you're an entity stuck to that chair.
I think.
Well they managed to implement drowning and stuff but ehm
yeah.
Sure.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I mean, it's pretty simple. Garry's Mod does not work like that. If you accidently sit in a chair mid-combat, you shouldn't really own a gun eitherway (you're clearly pressing the wrong buttons).

Also, keep in mind you can't actually get damaged in chairs; so people would just use it to their advantage and there's no point in even administrating it when it's not even remotely beneficial.

Reaction score
Locked.jpg

I mean, it's pretty simple. Garry's Mod does not work like that. If you accidently sit in a chair mid-combat, you shouldn't really own a gun eitherway (you're clearly pressing the wrong buttons).

Also, keep in mind you can't actually get damaged in chairs; so people would just use it to their advantage and there's no point in even administrating it when it's not even remotely beneficial.
You can't.
I don't think the source engine will allow this because if you sit in a chair then you're an entity stuck to that chair.
I think.
Well they managed to implement drowning and stuff but ehm
yeah.
Sure.

The damage while sitting addon had been linked before, and it would apparently not work, therefore, using items while sitting would be unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.