Server Suggestion Vehicle loan system with repossession by roadcrew.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Vehicle loan system with repossession by roadcrew.
Suggestion Description: Introduce a vehicle loan system on PerpHeads where players can finance their car purchases through loans. If a player fails to make their loan payments on time, the Roadcrew would be responsible for repossessing the vehicle.

1. Loan Application: Players can apply for a loan when purchasing a car, selecting the amount they wish to finance.
  2. Payment Schedule: The loan would have a payment schedule (e.g., weekly installments) that the player must adhere to.
  3. Interest Rates: Loans would include an interest rate, making the total cost higher than the car’s outright purchase price.
  4. Repossession: If a player misses a payment, they would receive a warning. After a certain number of missed payments, the vehicle would be repossessed by the Roadcrew, and the player would lose ownership of the car.
  5. Repossession System: The Roadcrew would be notified in-game when a car needs to be repossessed. They would then locate and tow the vehicle back to the impound lot.

Some considerations
  • Loan Caps: Set a maximum loan amount or limit the loan feature to certain car tiers to prevent abuse.
  • Grace Period: Implement a grace period or payment plan options for players who temporarily fall behind on payments.
  • Roadcrew Incentives: Offer incentives for Roadcrew members for each successful repossession to maintain interest and balance the workload.

Why should this be added?:
  • Increased Realism: Adds a layer of financial management to the game, enhancing realism.
  • Accessibility: Allows players who can't afford to pay for a car upfront to acquire vehicles earlier in the game.
  • Roleplay Opportunities: Provides new roleplay scenarios for both players and the Roadcrew, including repossession interactions and negotiations.
  • Economic Impact: Encourages players to engage with the in-game economy more deeply, as they need to manage their income and expenses carefully.
  • Roadcrew Activity: Gives the Roadcrew more tasks, making their role more dynamic and important in the game.

What negatives could this have?:
  • Increased Complexity: Adds another system that players need to manage, which might overwhelm new or casual players.
  • Potential for Abuse: Players might intentionally default on loans, creating an unrealistic or disruptive dynamic in the game.
  • Roadcrew Workload: Could lead to an increased workload for the Roadcrew, potentially leading to burnout or requiring more active Roadcrew members.
  • Balancing Issues: If not balanced correctly, it could lead to a situation where many players lose their cars, creating frustration.
  • Economic Disparity: Might widen the gap between wealthy and less wealthy players if not implemented fairly.

What problem would this suggestion solve?:
This system could significantly enhance the roleplaying experience, but it would need to be carefully designed to avoid potential pitfalls.

pBDBH3t.png

Blud if you're going to suggest implementing a system that will impact something major that attracts people further into the server, let your words be yours, not the computer's

You're missing out on the fact that the server is trying to create money sinks to take money out of the economy, while this could indirectly provide that with losing ownership of the car, let's say the average price of a GOOD car is 3 million, and you have five days to pay, and the interest rate is around 10% 700k a day is nothing just keep the way as it is, have higher rates and no one will want to buy cars this way anyway, then they're basically renting cars if that's the case

pBDBH3t.png

Blud if you're going to suggest implementing a system that will impact something major that attracts people further into the server, let your words be yours, not the computer's

You're missing out on the fact that the server is trying to create money sinks to take money out of the economy, while this could indirectly provide that with losing ownership of the car, let's say the average price of a GOOD car is 3 million, and you have five days to pay, and the interest rate is around 10% 700k a day is nothing just keep the way as it is, have higher rates and no one will want to buy cars this way anyway, then they're basically renting cars if that's the case
I have indeed used chatgpt to help me with phrashing the suggestion, however i gave tons of input and tweaked it till i got what i wanted to suggest. I don't see any issue with that.

About the car worth i also suggested to maybe cap the amount that can be financed and even cap the kind of cars that can be financed. No-one said you'd have to pay it back within five days tho. I think that's rather short, however i'm open to discussion.