Bank Related Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Time of creation: 22:41pm
Date of creation: Monday 9th February 2015
Hello users,
So, as you may or not be aware, I have recently been trying to suggest things for the server and most have either been considered too excessive or impossible in the current version of Garry's Mod and it's physics. I have been thinking of new ideas which are primarily based around improving the roleplay on the server.

First Suggestion:
Topic:
Loans (from the Bank)

Short explanation:
-The addition of a fully working loan system.

Detailed description:
-The addition of a fully working loan system. By a loan system, I mean that the bank grants loans upon players (when the request them) which the player has to pay back to the bank over time (with interest so the player loses money, simply to keep the economy stable). I believe this would be a good feature on the server as it would allow players to have access to money when they require it. If the player takes the money and does not pay the required amount back, the amount they would have to pay back (interest) would be increased each time, eventually leading to the player simply losing money from the loan. There should be a maximum of $25,000 loans to players to stop the economy collapsing and players becoming overwhealmed with money, if players still become overwhealmed with money by this suggestion, it is possible to put a certain cooldown on loans (1 loan every 30 minutes). I believe this would be a good suggestion as it would improve the roleplay on the server and would make things seem more realistic. It would be preferable if developers/senior staff could make it (in whichever possible way) so that taking loans from the bank would always be considered a risky move just as it is in real-life.

Optional additions:
-New Job: Baylifts (could be considered too extreme).
-Player ran loan companies (risky for players, could be used as a scam).

Second Suggestion:
Topic:
Insurance

Short explanation:
-The addition of fully working insurance.

Detailed description:
-The addition of fully working insurance from the bank (som banks do insurance, some do not). To keep this short and sweet, by insurance, I am being specific to only car insurance (insurance companies/bank would have to pay for the repairs of the vehicle if the player is paying for insurance) and house insurance (for example, if your house is set of fire, the insurance companies/bank would have to pay for the repairs of damage items and the house itself (to a certain extent)). It would be preferable if the developers/senior staff could make it (in whichever possible way) so that by getting insurance, the economy is not severely damaged.

Optional additions:
-Player ran insurance companies (risky for players, could be used as a scam).

Thankyou for reading, feel free to reply with any questions or general feedback on this suggestion, express your opinions.
Wi4pSu4.png

Member of PERPHeads.

Last edited:
Reaction score
- SUPPORT players would abuse the loaning system players would loan lots of money and then never pay it off or die and lose the loan and i feel to make it more realistic it would take money from the government which the government has enough problems getting money sorry m8 i most - support it.

Reaction score
Ok first off let me just say, I applaud the effort you put into this idea/suggestion post as it is nicely detailed and explains thoroughly what it is you're looking for. Now for the bad news, the loan part of this would never work, because let's face it, we have absolutely no way to force someone to repay a loan so it would be very easy for someone to use several accounts to obtain loads of money. There may be some ways to combat this, but even so I don't see much point offering loans as the houses don't cost nearly realistic prices, so your only huge expense is cars which you should simply earn enough to purchase for yourself, a loan of $25,000 would hardly help for this.

Moving swiftly onward to your insurance idea... It's not bad really, but how would the insurance company know what items you have in your home? Also how would insurance really charge their premiums? It would mean I would have to figure out how to make it decide on variable rates as so it creates a profit margin otherwise people are simply repairing their car cheaper than they are now, which I don't really agree to. Additionally people tend to wreck their cars far faster in this gamemode, either as a result of their own negligence or that of others, and there would be no way to work out a deal with other person's insurance to have them pay for your car, so overall it just becomes a mess and impossible to code, as insurance companies have had to do this for several years and they still have to constantly change rates to accommodate for everything. And if it's run by players, just RP it now, I don't see the problem. However, if it could be used as a scam, that's exactly what every player would do, you would be hard pressed to find any legitimate insurance company then.

So overall I see too many issues and not enough purpose to these ideas at this time. I will leave the thread open for now so you're welcome to discuss it more if you can answer some of it. Again though, I like the amount of detail you have tried to give this suggestion this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.