(VOTING OPEN) Mid-Year Leadership Confidence Poll 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1649589316181.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
(VOTING OPEN) Mid-Year Leadership Confidence Poll 2022
Dear colleagues,
Today I wrote a message to those colleagues who undertake extra administrative responsibilities within the Department. You are welcome to read that message in the spoiler below:

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to take the time to write this message to those who are in this Discord as you all undertake extra administrative responsibilities, to help us realise our vision of making the Department a better and more rewarding experience for all players.

Before I continue with this message, I would like to preface it by saying I am only speaking on behalf of myself and not Hayden. While Hayden and I work extremely closely together as the Office of Chiefs of Department, our working relationship is built on an amazing foundation of trust and co-reliability. As such we do not always have a hand in each other’s work, and I cannot fault Hayden in any way from my perspective.

I have come to recognise that over the past few months, the output of work from me has not been to the standard nor frequency that I ordinarily hold myself to. I have not been as visible nor as responsive that I was originally during the first half of my premiership. There have been deadlines that I set for myself which I have missed, as well as programmes and initiatives that I wanted to achieve far earlier which have not as of yet come to fruition. While there are personal reasons and now historical events for this, they are not excuses, and regardless it does not conform to the principles of excellence that I hold myself to.

I am especially pained by this realisation when I see the continued efforts and fantastic results delivered by all of you each and every day. It simply does not sit right with me that all of you meet the expectations that I have set out for you through your line management chain, yet I do not meet nor exceed the expectations that I have set for myself.

In light of the above, I want to say that I am sorry. I am sorry for those missed deadlines, and unrealised programmes and initiatives. I am sorry that I have not been the driver of transformation and change that I had set out to be when I accepted this role.

Whilst I am the final link in the line management chain, ultimately, I am the face and leader of the Department. The relationship between the Chief of Department and the wider Department is a two-way relationship and I would not continue in my role if I did not have a majority of confidence from all of its colleagues.

As such, in the next few days, I will be running a mid-year Leadership Confidence Poll, where you can have your say in whether you believe I should continue in my role, or whether you feel it is time for a fresh perspective. I will not be including Hayden in this poll as ultimately Hayden can only work within the parameters that I set for him, and it would be enormously unfair for him to be made collateral to my failures.

Whatever opinion you may have held before this message of my time as Chief of Department I hope that this has not swayed you in any way, because that was not the intention of this message. When the poll is released, I only ask that you honestly reflect on my time and answer without prejudice, because the Department is a staple of the community and must reflect both the needs of the wider community today and tomorrow.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message and thank you for all of the work you have done and continue to do. You are all powerful forces for change in this community and continue to make exceedingly fantastic contributions to the server each and every day.

In-line with what I wrote in that message, I will be holding a mid-year Leadership Confidence Poll to evaluate whether I still have the support of both the Department and the wider community to continue in my role, as well as what I need to do to improve if I am to remain in-post.

You can now vote and leave any additional comments in the poll until 18:00 BST, Sunday 10th July 2022 by clicking here.

I encourage everyone who chooses to participate in this poll to honestly reflect on my time as Chief of Department. The results will be collated and released shortly after the poll closes on the same day.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this announcement then please contact me directly via the Helpdesk function.

Kind regards,

Chief of Department Acer Wolf (#9025)

Attachments

• 1656424769808.png
    1656424769808.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.