Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Collier
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: Zharkan16
Your Roleplay Name: Amy Zharkan
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:71890489

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.25 - Harvested drugs despite an imminent Police raid

Why should this appeal be considered?: I think this appeal should be considered because from Collier's point of view it's definitely hard to not know about getting raided however here's the situation

I was there to pick up a new player in my org since he asked for a ride when I arrived he had already gone with another org member I found his cocaine ready so I asked if he was waiting for it to seed he said yes so I stayed there with Athena to watch it and harvest for him at seeding and put in org storage later since I don't know where they even went and if they came back beforehand I would've left it

Athena and I saw a sweater running from the window so she said she gonna go check it out I went back to looking at the coke so what happened vs what I know is a big gap

Athena went down there told me the sweater is Eva a new player but she also talked to the cops who were literally looking at the drugs - found that out from Collier but what I was told was cops got reports of drugs actually I will post the logs

And from the screenshots Collier shared with me Athena literally talked to the cop and saw the cop looking into the apartment with binoculars so I am honestly not sure why she didn't tell me or if she knew what was going on since she is new?
But I did not know the cops were there for us and there were no sirens or anything all I knew 17 seconds before I harvested was "cops are in the area for drug report" wasn't told it's our drugs or anything and IF I did harvest to avoid raid I would've picked them up at flowering but I did what I was there to do... Wait for them to reach seeding and harvest them for the org member so I would obviously put them in storage then about 10-20 seconds after that I got knocks on the door and when I went to open it was the cops which didn't even identify themselves or act like they were going to raid either just investigating manner then they cuffed me and said they saw the drugs and around that is when Collier contacted me

So I think there was a big knowledge gap on what's going on since I literally thought it wasn't about us and not even a confirmed case of drugs just reports however they had a clear visual on the drugs and I shouldn't have harvested if I had known (Also turns out we had no other neighbors but again I had no clue cause I was just there to pick the guy up and he was in P1 so I never went up to check the houses)

Reaction score

We have undertaken extreme scrutiny of all the evidence provided by both yourself and @Collier and discussed this matter at length in-order to come to a decision. We appreciate you outlining for us your way of thinking but we find that the evidence against this is far stronger - the evidence provided by Collier to us in-relation to this incident gives an unrefutably clear picture as to how and why you should have known that there were police in the area, and thus why you should have not harvested the drugs.

A screenshot provided of the time of the incident shows a Police Officer standing on the wall by Morons Shipping Co., looking directly at Projex. There were also at minimum 2 police cars (1 standard cruiser and 1 Land Rover) at the scene. I do not know whether sirens were used but Athena Sweet was outside standing next to the Police Officer when this happened.

Athena Sweet said the following in organisation chat:
"cop is reporting for drugs"... "careful"
To which you responded:
"what drugs... howd he see drugs"

It is at this point that you acknowledged two things:
1) There was a police presence in extremely close proximity to your apartment where you were conducting illegal activity, and;
2) There may be a police raid imminent following the detection of drugs.

Rule 3.25 clearly states the following:
Players may not harvest drugs or mug players while being raided or when they suspect they are about to get raided...
It is unequivocally clear that you acknowledged the police presence as well as the possible imminent detection of drugs, which amounts to the second part highlighted above - suspect they are about to get raided. This acknowledgement of police presence and possible detection of drugs is sufficient enough for you to have known that you should not have conducted any harvesting. Furthermore, a period of just than a minute between your acknowledgement of a police presence and the police knocking on the door, with you harvesting during this time, shows that the raid was imminent enough that you should not have harvested. From your side, knowing whether it was specifically the apartment you were in and whether you had/had not seen the Police Officer with the binoculars is immaterial.

In addition to this, you had failed to block off the front window of the apartment and the placement of the drugs meant that they were in public view. From this alone you should have known that the drugs could have been detected by a Police Officer at any given time - whether they are your drugs or those of an associate known to you.

Overall, your argument that Athena Sweet did not explicitly state words to the effect of "cops are reporting for visible drugs in Projex 1, our apartment, it is our drugs they are reporting" is both flawed and immaterial. As explained above, the communication provided by Athena Sweet and your acknowledgement of such warning is sufficient to know that the police may have been initiating a raid on you.

There are also other factors which led to the warning being issued which Collier has explained to us and of which we have reviewed. During both the report and the admin sit, you were argumentative and dishonest with Collier throughout and showed complete ignorance of what you had done rather than owning up to your mistakes. The warning must stay on file so that you can recognise what you did wrong and remember not to conduct such behaviour and activity in the future. I highly recommend that you re-read over the Rules, particularly with regards to the following: 1.4, 3.18, 3.25. I also attach the guide for how best to behave and handle an admin sit from a user's perspective for your consideration: https://help.perpheads.com/page/admin-sits

In summary your warning will remain on file for the foreseeable future and your dispute is not sustained.

Reviewed with @Bojing and @Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.