What are your current opinions on the recent events in the USA

Reaction score
I think the riots and protests in general are pointless, a waste of time and life. As it stands the argument that black people are not treated as equal is first and foremost wrong, and flawed as an argument. While yes there is an issue with SOME officers in the US using racial profiling to have a bias toward individuals, which is simply put unacceptable. It is nearly as widespread, and large of an issue as the Black Lives Matter organization makes it out to be. This movement constantly is promoting misinformation, and encouraging violent riots in order to spread their “message” which in turn makes lives dangerous for everyone, LEOs, white people, and black people. Police accountability is already a thing, as shown by the speedy trial of the man who killed George Floyd. A lot of people are also mad about so called White Privilege, but seem to lack the proper research into the topic, which leads to more misinformation, and unrest. As a white American I am privileged, because my ancestors were in a better position, because they were not forced into slavery, or segregated. I am privileged to have a better opportunity to attend college, which leads to better financial success. Black people have less opportunities when it comes to these things, which leads to higher crime rates among black communities, and lower income. This is all thanks to centuries of racial based segregation, and slavery, in which black people haven’t been able to get ahead (keep in mind I don’t mean all black people, some black people are some of the most powerful and infuential people in the world, and have great material success). Overall what happened is tragic, but the protests have gotten out of hand, expect to see the army sent in within the next week.

@Jack P also bud, if a white person was killed due to racial bias or profiling, yes just as many people would be pissed off. A lot of black people that are killed by cops are killed because of their skin color, which is unacceptable.

Reaction score
There would be unrest regardless of color. If a individual was killed due to racial profiling regardless of race. There would be large unrest period. The message these riots are calling for is greater police accountability, stricter policies controlling police recruitment and training. To prevent the George Floyd incident from happening to any person living in the US. These riots aren’t because a black man was killed for no reason, it’s because we the citizens of the US let him get killed.

Reaction score
@Jack P the officer was only put on trial and charged after the riots started, before that he was put on administrative leave and had his house guarded by hundreds of officers, wasting resources instead of him being treated like anyone else in a murder investigation and put into prison to await bail, because no murder investigation existed until after the riots begun

this was merely a tipping point as a result of the countless injustices against black people and more generally ethnic minorities at the hands of the police going unaddressed, this is not solely for the death of george floyd

Reaction score
@Bert administrative leave being fired same thing lmao thats what i meant im getting shit confused

reminds me however that the rest of the officers who aided the officer who was charged have not been charged with anything or even investigated, so there's still an injustice present

Reaction score
How does someone's shitty mashup describe america rn? I mean I can agree on this is america but congratulations is nothing but post malone bragging

Reaction score
@Sorle it’s an FBI investigation so it’s not public until they are ready to be tried. In my opinion while the officers should have spoke up its impossible to prove 3rd degree murder. And I believe firing them was enough.

Reaction score
@Bert The cops can't hold everything again, things like this will ALWAYS happen. You can't prevent it, theres nothing you can and will ever 100% guarantee away from, but Americans is too braindead to understand that, atleast the americans out protesting.

Reaction score
@Jack P calling people brain dead for speaking up for what they believe in is wrong to the lowest point. If you read my actual post which is supported by actual facts you will see I’m not in favor of the riots and looting. But you’re genuinely a terrible person for thinking that these people are “Braindead” for sticking up for something that they truly believe in. Sorry but that’s the truth.

Reaction score
@Bert I don't remember calling you braindead, I'm calling people attacking ambulances and random shots braindead.

Reaction score
I don't see how Ambulances, looting and stores has anything to do with sticking up in what they believe in, their just showing how fucking terrible they are. But fine, I don't mind having the status "Terrible Person" for never wanting to create a riot that attacks ambulances and Random Shops for so little reason.

Reaction score
@Jack P you called any American out protesting brain dead? Meaning the ones that are protesting peacefully trying to spread a positive message for change. Explain to me why that isn’t a terrible thing to say.

Reaction score
@Bert No I did not, now it's your turn to read through everything I've said. I'm talking about people who attacks cops trying to defend themselfs, people attacking ambulances, looting and attacking stores. Don't use a statement "Read what I said" when you're not doing that yourself, thank you very much.

Whoever protests in peace without touching anyone, they can do whatever they want if their peaceful, let them protest in peace I couldn't care less about that.