Your opinion on recent staff hosted roleplay events?

Your opinion on staff run roleplay robbery events?

• They should not be hosted at all as they break rules

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should be hosted differently but not how OP Describes the difference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Recently as you might have seen, the staff team featuring some trusted individuals are banding together to create fun, intense and interesting roleplay events involving situations like bank robberies, store robberies, and other situations involving hostages and police intervention.

They are putting a fair amount of work and planning into them, however, on all occasions there is ALWAYS someone who dislikes the event and feels as though as cops, they're being forced to respond to these situations whilst raids and the likes are happening elsewhere. This isn't entirely true but what not its still a concern for them.

In my opinion, no one is being forced into these situations usually. The last one I saw however, myself, @Kenty and a friend we were getting iced up were essentially entrapped in the event, however our guns were returned to us which left no further complaints really. Also we kinda had fun randomly jumping in to help the robbers because police were shooting at us regardless, and we at least got to defend ourselves.

No ones really losing anything from these events at all which is great. Some criticisms I have however are:
- Staff members respawning themselves and re-joining the event if they die. In my opinion, all player created roleplay events typically end for said person for 5-10 minutes if they die in the process. It is in my personal opinion that this should be the case for these Roleplay events hosted by staff. As you are recreating a crime and the rules state that it must be realistic, and a risk of crime is death by a bystander or police. Personally, I think that even for non profit crime events hosted by staff, this should be the case. Even if a bystander steps in and guns down one of the staff members, that should be the end of the situation for that person for at least 5 minutes, or 10 if the situation is still within there NLR Zone.
- When roleplaying a bank robbery with hostages, none of us got a bank warrant. Even though we weren't stealing real money, a staff member should have gone cop and given us all warrants, as the way that bank robbery played out, we would have been identified far easier.
- Its all one sided. In my opinion, during these events, a PD Command member or staff member who is a supervisor should be on duty to lead the police when they happen to allow almost total control over the roleplay situation. The case with the last 3 were the entire police force were completely and utterly unaware any of these were going to happen. The situation should be planned alongside an on duty officer whos in a position where they can take lead, so the event can properly be carried out.
- The lines between information being shared on TS That constitutes as important to the event and information that could be seen as metagaming is blurred and at times it seems to cross into meta territory.
- Some of the stuff going on in these events is hectic and out of control, and also violates rules that users could face a ban for recreating. Granted, its under fair amounts of control but at the same time, gets out of hand.

Other than that, I'm glad roleplay is actually being enforced and carried out on the server more recently and that staff are allocating time to do these robberies and the likes in order to create roleplay and to inspire other users to do the same, its just unfortunate that they seem to be a topic of controversy at times.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Me and Tyrone Biglegs were just trying to swipe up to get iced up and we ended up getting our cash swiped and no ice.

I didn't mind it at all, we had all our things returned and I was alright with it, it was like one of those random encounters you get in Skyrim and shit, people always tend to hate on things like this but they're the same mugs growing at 4am instead of buying [REDACTED] like the normal people.