When are Molotovs useable

Reaction score
Hello fellow delinquents, I was looking to gain info on roleplay reasons to be able to use a Molotov cocktail. I have seen many warnings and bans given out over this item, myself included and in my quick search of the forums I could not find a recent thread going into great detail of this wonderful weapon.

I have some simple questions about the use of the item
If my organization is enemies with another org, can I use the item on their base/store with no RP reason established prior. Or do I need to have them call me a rude name and rob me first?

What would be a reasonable cause to molotov somebody?
If you witness somebody murdering people in your org so you chuck the molly into their base/store (high value weapons) am I going to receive a ban for causing a great money lose?

I'm in at the farm and I accidently drop one, is there repercussions? Or is it fine because I'm in the middle of nowhere?

I would also like to know more about the use of car bombs.

I would love to bring these weapons into my experience especially because I feel like they are underutilized and can bring some excitement to the game. I believe that having to think about the consequences of your actions more due to the possibility of your house being burnt or your car blowing up more frequently due to a clear understanding of the rules and an increase in usage of these items can add a thrill to the server. Yes it will be annoying repairing my car because maybe 3 people blew it up today, but at least I'll know I deserved it all (and if not I can make an appropriate F6 complaint) and everybody around is probably gonna have a good time, because who doesn't love some chaos on gmod?

Reaction score
i am not a mod nor the best person to talk about rules but as i saw around my time on the server mollys are mostly used to burn bodies and get revenge on people, is not really indicated to use them in fights or raid because it has a high risk of damaging the stuff around what you want to burn

Reaction score
Use them to destroy the government
opera_tGQoM5uLBQ.pngopera_Pg5AjMkyds.png
here is an example of what not to do

Reaction score
I'm not a staff member, but from my experience, a lof of the use case for a molotov is based on scale of damage. If someone put you at gunpoint, and stole a couple burgers and a phone from you, burning their entire shop with 700k worth of items in it could put you at risk for action since that causes so much more damage in revenge than was originally done to you. However, lets say they stole your car and shot it up, and they had a reasonably similar car to yours, setting it on fire in retaliation might be seen as appropriate, as you are "getting even" so to speak.

Honestly, with molotovs not just being a weapon, and also being a means to inflict losses on a player beyond typical gameplay, the best way to use them is to hit F6 and open a help & support request in the moment with why you want to use the molotov, and ask staff if it's acceptable. If action is still taken against you, you then have evidence you can use in a complaint/dispute.

The real key is just to think about actual gameplay time affected by the action. If you were mugged of about 20 minutes of gameplay's worth of items, (Eg, cell phone and burgers) it's really not necessary to go ahead and destroy an entire day's worth of growing's worth of drugs and props. Hope this helps and if i'm gravely mistaken would appreciate a staff member telling me so.

Reaction score
I'm in at the farm and I accidently drop one, is there repercussions? Or is it fine because I'm in the middle of nowhere?
This is fine as you are not directly impacting anyone else negatively
If my organization is enemies with another org, can I use the item on their base/store with no RP reason established prior. Or do I need to have them call me a rude name and rob me first?
No, you cannot Molotov someone's base or shop purely because you are rivals. You need a justifiable reason to get revenge on that specific person.
What would be a reasonable cause to molotov somebody?
Molotoving someones shop or base should be an act of revenge on that person. It should not affect anyone else negatively otherwise you would be breaking 2.5. A justifiable reason to molotov someones shop/base would be a murder that is directly affecting you, for example someone murdering your org member. Also you can molotov someones base/shop if they have mugged a significant amount off you. If someone mugs a few burgers and $100, causing large amounts of their items to burn and disappear would be not necessary. However if someone mugs you for a lot of drugs or a large amount of items that in total sum up to cost a lot, then a molotov would be justified

You also need to be very careful on the other people in the area. For example if you molotov a bazaar shop the fire may spread onto someone elses shop and cause their items to burn as well. Also in a base the defence inside may not be owned by the person you want to seek revenge on so you would be causing a lot of financial loss on them.
I would also like to know more about the use of car bombs.
Car bombs are also used for an act of revenge. It pretty much follows the same rules as stated above because there is risk of negatively affecting other people in the area and people losing items

Reaction score
Basically, if you want to use a molotov against someone, you have to posess a valid roleplay reason, in instance, if someone killed your friend, or mugged you off some expensive items. I would say it would be a very similar reason, for which you would kill someone.

Minding the reason, you should also take other considerations to account - you should not cause any collateral damage to any possession of anyone else, who is unrelated i.e. burn stuff in an apartament that is above the one you wish to burn.

Molotovs can be used, but the usage is not limited to:
  • Erasing DNA from a dead body
  • Blowing up someones car, without a car bomb
Theese use cases are not directly harmful for someones life.

Molotovs should not be used for defence of premises in general.