Why do we tip waiters and not chefs

Reaction score
Serious discussion. Why do we tip our waiters and waitresses but not the chef? The chef is cooking the fucking food as well as everyone else’s but le waiter needs that 50% for asking me what I want the chefs to cook me? Bro.

Reaction score
Serious discussion. Why do we tip our waiters and waitresses but not the chef? The chef is cooking the fucking food as well as everyone else’s but le waiter needs that 50% for asking me what I want the chefs to cook me? Bro.
In some places that I know off the waiter has to give a percentage of his tips to the person that created the food or drinks they serve, not sure if this is everywhere or how often this happens though

Reaction score
Because one has huge tits and the other usually doesn't. Especially at hooters. But agree it's BS

Reaction score
if you're talking g about the US, the chefs usually get better paid with benefits and above minimum wage, whilst the servers get minimum and probably half their paycheck is from tips.

Here in sweden it's not common to tip and could even consider rude/condescending because servers here have a real employment above minimum wage and doesn't depend on tips to be able to survive, how its supposed to be lol