Windows 10 Mic issues:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay, this is by far the most interesting mic issue I've ever had. And I've had a few.

I have 3 microphones:

Blue Snowball Microphone. (w/ fancy pop filter)
Logitech C270 Webcam.
Razer Kraken Chroma 7.1 Headset. (@John Daymon I BOUGHT THIS CAUSE YOU SAID THE LAST ONE WAS WANK)

I normally use the latter for games and stuff, however, Windows 10 is fucking aids.
I will play a game, or talk in Skype, or TS, or, anything that uses the mic, pretty much.
After maybe, three hours of usage, people report to me that my mic is crackly, and it is, i can hear it through echo. I always know when it starts happening in Gmod though, because any time I will press my PTT Key, I get a lag spike, that lasts maybe, a second. That's when people start reporting my mic is fucked.

So, I change mic, Ahhh, nice, blue snowball, my first decent mic. And uh, the same shit happens, the mic works for a bit, then starts doing the same thing after maybe 2-3 hours. Lag spikes and all.

So, I'm desperate, I use my webcam mic, sounds like fucking toilet. But better than the other two at this point. It works, for, you guessed it, 2-3 hours.

Restarting my PC does nothing to help.
Changing back to a mic that was playing up before, hoping maybe its unfucked itself, Nope.avi

The only way to fix the mics properly is to turn off my PC for a good few hours, probably for the best amirite? I DON'T CARE, I WANT TO SPEND HOURS ON END POWERGRO-, I MEAN, ROLEPLAYING.

Apologies for the rant and unhelpful cursing, but I've had this killing me for ages now, and I am fucking stumped.

If my specs are relevant:
Windows 10
i5
GTX980
Z87 Sabertooth
20GB Shitty RAM
A 2TB HDD
A 128GB SSD
TX650W

I'm fucking stumped, need help, am shet. the worst part is, all three mics don't really have drivers, razer has synapse, which is fucking cunt. Blue snowball does it's own thing, and um, it's a webcam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.