[SOLVED] Microphone problems, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So, as of recently, I've been having mic issues again.

These are my three microphones:
5201070cd6.png

The issues I have with it, is after maybe half an hour to a few hours of active use, any one of these microphones, whatever one I'm using, to be exact, will start malfunctioning, and turning anything I say into the sounds a dying robot might make. Another thing, my Blue Snowball, which I've had for a good many years now, sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. What I mean by this, is that it doesn't pick up any sound one minute, and picks sounds fine the next, making relying on it impossible.

All microphones have been proven to work on other computers, and I know the issue lies somewhere within my PC, as the headset I had before the Kraken had the same issues, and the one before that, and before that, etc.

Ironically, my five year old webcam, a Logitech C270, is the most reliable microphone I have at my disposal. As my Kraken Pro will start malfunctioning long before this does.

Things I've tried already:
Full PC Format (Worked for a few months, then the issue came back. God knows why.)
Reverting sound card drivers to windows generic.
Trying different USB ports, etc.
Removing a stick of RAM I'd added a while back. (don't ask.)

Thing's I haven't tried:
Removing the sound card altogether. (I don't know how to without fucking something up.

Reaction score
So, as of recently, I've been having mic issues again.

These are my three microphones:
5201070cd6.png

The issues I have with it, is after maybe half an hour to a few hours of active use, any one of these microphones, whatever one I'm using, to be exact, will start malfunctioning, and turning anything I say into the sounds a dying robot might make. Another thing, my Blue Snowball, which I've had for a good many years now, sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. What I mean by this, is that it doesn't pick up any sound one minute, and picks sounds fine the next, making relying on it impossible.

All microphones have been proven to work on other computers, and I know the issue lies somewhere within my PC, as the headset I had before the Kraken had the same issues, and the one before that, and before that, etc.

Ironically, my five year old webcam, a Logitech C270, is the most reliable microphone I have at my disposal. As my Kraken Pro will start malfunctioning long before this does.

Things I've tried already:
Full PC Format (Worked for a few months, then the issue came back. God knows why.)
Reverting sound card drivers to windows generic.
Trying different USB ports, etc.
Removing a stick of RAM I'd added a while back. (don't ask.)

Thing's I haven't tried:
Removing the sound card altogether. (I don't know how to without fucking something up.

Your drivers, as Tom said are probably conflicting.

Do a clean install and plug in ONE microphone to use.

Reaction score
So, to update this, I've reinstalled drivers, disconnected all microphones besides the Razer Kraken, and tried a few other things, with no success. One thing I notice however, is that it only starts crackling/muting itself after around an hour or so of Garry's mod. I have yet to try other games, but It never happens with frequent use over TS. Once it's started buggering up on Gmod however, it is buggered for everything else until I shut down my PC and leave it alone for an hour or two.

Reaction score
Set your "Blue Snowball" as your default device, including communication (Right click on them).

Your default one is set to the webcam which are known to have shit mics. Or disable the webcam.

If the Snowball is a shit mic use your Razer one

Reaction score
So, I've got this program, Driver Booster 3.5

It's supposed to update all outdated drivers. It found 16 'very old' drivers lmao.
A friend in college recommended it. I'm gonna test it out, and if that hasn't fixed it then I'll go cry and eat some ice cream. If it does, then I'll edit this post, confirming it has, and then this can be closed I guess.

Welp, no luck. I'm gonna try reinstalling Garry's mod now.

Aaaaand, no luck.

Okay, so I have had some luck. I've changed my mic Hz rate to 32,000Hz, or FM Quality.
This helped, and I feel like a retard for not thinking of it myself. I still get weird lag spikes when I use a PTT occasionally, but I'm confident the mic itself consistently works well now.

Credit to @My Dad for suggesting the fix for this lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.