Police Suggestion TFU Taking Charge Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: In conducted raids, such as Drug Raids, massive shootouts etc which TFU is more skilled/Trained to handle, then pistol cops or cop who just aren't TFU that they take charge. This means if a Senior Officer is TFU, and is the highest ranked TFU on duty, can tell Senior Officers and below to go away from the place they are standing, or change location they are gonna have to listen. As of rn, there are situations where I as a Senior Officer as TFU, has been yelled at by other Senior Officers for not being higher rank than them, in shootouts and that I CAN'T tell them to go somewhere else, which in real life. SWAT Officers take lead in stuff like shootouts, raids, hostage situations, bank robbery's etc.

Of course if there's a Corporal+ on as TFU, they would take charge, basically the highest ranking officer in TFU would take charge, with certain limits of course. But in general highest ranking TFU Officer would.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Give more purpose in TFU, and making it more realistic. TFU would be able to do their job properly, and not some stubborn same rank officer will get in the way of them.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Same rank officers, who's not TFU might get butthurt and complain.

Other additions:

Last edited:

Sam

Reaction score
@Jack P There is no training, there is tests when you apply and even those are useless, just a waste of time... 80% of TFU officers are shit, can’t aim, can’t shoot, can’t negotiate and can’t lead an operation. Saying they are trained to handle situations is a joke honestly...

Reaction score
@Samuel it might be true, but it's the purpose of them, and you still have a certain amount of tactics and communication to become tfu. Evne with second tries.

Sam

Reaction score
@Jack P You do not need good communications or tactics to become TFU, I see plenty of TFU officers that lack both. Authority is based of rank, the highest rank on scene is in charge, TFU is just heavily armed officers, that act like they are on steroids...

Reaction score
What training. You only have stage 2 which I wouldn’t consider training.

Reaction score
@Tetra Stage 2? I have Stage 2 and Stage 3. Don't think you've ever reached Stage 3 then or even done TFU

Reaction score
Don't comment on anything you don't have the slightest clue about thank you.

Reaction score
@Jack P

mate I talk to people who have done TFU.
Your “training” is just stuff like how throw/cock a flash (have it blow as it hits the floor or enters the room) how to breach.

TFU should have more regular training sessions to cover certain topics more in depth.

like most TFU don’t know what there doing with hostage or suicidal situtations (something I have real life training in as a mental health first aider at work) I don’t see a lot of TFU communicating what there plan is which would be useful so other officers know what is going on .

Reaction score
@Tetra That's Stage 2. Stage 3 is Raiding and Bank Robbery's Lmfao

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
@Tetra I cba to argue this, you have no clue with what TFU is, or what the training is. So you just shouldn't comment on it, if you just had tried making an application you would even see that there is multiple things. That's Stage 2 you practice flash and C2. Stage 2 is situations such as Hostage Situation, Bank Robbery, Raid and so on.

Reaction score
@Jack P
Mate I literally have a qualification in suicide prevention/mental health first aid so I think I know what I’m talking about LMAO.

Reaction score
@Tetra I 100% fail to see what even the slighest chance of what that has to do with TFU Training.

Reaction score
@Tetra @Jack P @Samuel

You do not need good communications or tactics to become TFU,
Thats exactly what stage 1 and 3 are supposed to be rated on.

Your “training” is just stuff like how throw/cock a flash (have it blow as it hits the floor or enters the room) how to breach.
Stage 2 exists because killhouse sucked and people complained they were just thrown in the water in stage 3, receiving 0 instructions on what the proper way to breach is and how to flash. This is taught in stage 2. Additional instructions are being provided in current stage 2's aswell now since benji replaced Aquaa.

TFU should have more regular training sessions to cover certain topics more in depth.

TFU is getting a training session in 4 days, TFU are receiving more training than ever before but honestly don't expect your hand to be held the entire time, it's roleplay, use your brain.

People constantly complain about TFU needing more training. So, please, explain what you think they need. Certain topics more in depth doens't give trainers anything to work with

Reaction score
Which policy? I and several others couldn't find that directly saying that.

Reaction score
Not really though, Finlay is far from the only officer I've had issues with lmao.

Reaction score
But there's reason there is tfu, you listen to them in raids. Most of them know what their doing, maybe as Samuel says some do not, idc about that. I respected tfu when I wasn't one and held perimeters and GOT OUT OF THEIR WAY in raids and shootouts. Even let's say they don't have more experience they STILL have bigger guns to handle situation with.

Status
Not open for further replies.