Police Suggestion Probationary TFU. (EDITED TO EITHER BE BETTER OR WORSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:
I've heard that the Chiefs of department's view on what step to take with TFU should be to make it "Easier to get into, easier to get thrown out of". My proposition for this is to introduce a "Probationary" stage for upcoming TFO’s.

Probationary TFU will be officers who have passed stage 1 and attended a stage 2. This will differ from regular TFU, as:
- Probationary TFU will not be allowed to patrol without a full TFU Partner.
- Probationary TFU will only have access to the MP5K with a holo sight and a compensator, as well as a Remington 870 without attachments if Cpl+. And possibly also maybe an MP7 or MP9 but I dunno. They will also only have light gear.
- Probationary TFU will have access to the Range Rover, but only to patrol with ranked TFU or to allow them to respond to firearms incidents.

To identify a probationary TFU, they should have either no hat or a regular officer hat. To identify themselves a TFO's in light gear however, they will still have the cool shades.

In order to achieve the full rank of TFU, you will need to complete your stage 3.

Probationary TFU will be on stage 3 til They either pass or fail it twice, at which point they will have to reapply from stage 1. Officers who do terribly during a stage 3 will have probationary TFU removed however, as well as probationary TFOs who get an infraction during this time. Officers who fail there first TFU stage 3 before getting the rank of TFPO by no more than 3 marks will keep the rank of probationary TFU.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Allows TFTO's and TFU Command to properly assess the actions of new TFO's.
- less hoops to jump through just to get to play with big free guns.
What potential negatives could this have for the department:
- “Unassessed” officers with MP5K’s taking lead in shootouts I guess?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.