Police Suggestion TFU Taking Charge Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: In conducted raids, such as Drug Raids, massive shootouts etc which TFU is more skilled/Trained to handle, then pistol cops or cop who just aren't TFU that they take charge. This means if a Senior Officer is TFU, and is the highest ranked TFU on duty, can tell Senior Officers and below to go away from the place they are standing, or change location they are gonna have to listen. As of rn, there are situations where I as a Senior Officer as TFU, has been yelled at by other Senior Officers for not being higher rank than them, in shootouts and that I CAN'T tell them to go somewhere else, which in real life. SWAT Officers take lead in stuff like shootouts, raids, hostage situations, bank robbery's etc.

Of course if there's a Corporal+ on as TFU, they would take charge, basically the highest ranking officer in TFU would take charge, with certain limits of course. But in general highest ranking TFU Officer would.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Give more purpose in TFU, and making it more realistic. TFU would be able to do their job properly, and not some stubborn same rank officer will get in the way of them.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Same rank officers, who's not TFU might get butthurt and complain.

Other additions:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I dunno, it kinda all seems like an attempt to feel more powerful in game which is just a bit petty uno. The idea that TFU have some kind of superior ability is proper farce.

If you’re not able to order about other officers, ask yourself why patrol/traffic haven’t given you a rank that can. The reason probably is you’d be awful at it.

Sorry for being harsh but some of your replies were just rude and bigoted.

Reaction score
@ShadowJoey It's fine you think that, I reply the way I feel is proper response if I don't find any other way myself, the reason this suggestion wasnt made before is because before I was tfu was because, I actually Thought that already was a thing.

And if you really wanna go into why I'm not high enough rank to order him around, and think I'm not good enough and start that kind of bs. Feel free to contact command, the only reason is me not asking for ors a lot and I often go inactive now and then.

Reaction score
@ShadowJoey Screenshot_20200805-182344.pngI

I'm not one who go around bother corporal and sergeants asking of observation reports like a greedy little shit who just want higher and higher rank.

Just because people think I'm so fucking power-hungry all the times cause you guys know nothing. And yes u start getting a little pissed off now, I'd love to speak calmly, but the fact when people start going into the fact again om power-hungry because of your own insecurity and shit in game then I get pissed

Reaction score
in SOP(Handbook is considered official policy):
38a6a347.png

b532eec4.png

66942d34.png

55113d27.png

621d311c.png

Reaction score
np, in your defense, it's hidden pretty deep under the mountainload of policies there currently are.

Reaction score
@Samuel “You do not need good communications or tactics to become TFU”

You’re half correct here, but also half wrong. Let me elaborate:

A huge part of the marking criteria, particularly for stage 3, is communication and use of tactics such as natural cover, using equipment and vehicles, etc. In order to pass a stage 3, you will need to demonstrate good tactical initiative as well as brilliant communication and coordination with your fellow candidate(s). Officers who passed a stage 3 for TFU must have at least demonstrated that they have good tactical initiative, as well as good communication and coordination with fellow TFOs.

The part you are correct about here, is a portion of TFU aren’t demonstrating these skills on the live server at all. They seem to think that once you get TFU, thats it, you no longer need to put effort into your policing work and you can Just run into shootouts without tactics and it doesn’t matter if they die because they lose nothing. Anyone with TFU who wasn’t given it as an Honorary position for Long term PD service has had to demonstrate at some point that they can communicate, coordinate, and use tactics and their own initiative to win over criminals to a standard which allowed them to get TFU to begin with, which only makes it more annoying for TFU command since we know for a solid fact that they actually have these skills, but are choosing not to demonstrate them in their work as TFOs solely at their own convenience.

Quality control is something I take seriously but since getting Lt, I have not really been notified of much TFU negligence with solid evidence to back up their claims, nor have I really seen it when I’m on duty. However, there have been instances where I have been notified of negligence from a few officers with evidence and I have been handling it as much as I can. If you have concerns about actions from particular TFOs, I recommend you present evidence to myself, or make an IA. Preferably the latter, as the outcome of an IA will mean that the decision to take action against that officer was agreed upon not just by TFU command, but the Complaints committee and PSD as well.

Reaction score
Also for those who misunderstood this threat, the lovely @blobvis 2.0 Reformed it in a better way.

"You are saying TFU take lead in situation's, yet that is not ur point, ur point is that highest ranking officer should get it and if not available the tfu officer should"

Status
Not open for further replies.