Server Suggestion “Weld” hammer

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: “Weld” hammer
Suggestion Description: The idea is if a player equips a hammer and has nails in their inventory they can attach certain objects like image entities and tvs to surfaces (primarily intended for cars since whatever else you can basically physgun)

When the object is successfully nailed it instantly becomes no collided and welded to that surface. This avoids any issues with car collisions and assures the object remains attached.

The nail should also be detachable and the item should be able to be picked back up.

As a touch as well the chat should say automatically the name of the player and the action just the same as when a cop searches a suspect for when a player nails and takes out a nail.

Additional twist for fun:
If the player takes out the nail or picks up the object there is a 50/50 chance the nail breaks or gets returned and a 10% chance the hammer breaks to add variety.

This finally allows people with business ideas to have a transit with a sign advertising their business.

Why should this be added?:
- allows for more marketing rp
- opens doors to many more ways of using image entities
- gives a hammer a functional purpose
- has neat luck based events that make the process feel more realistic in a fun way that doesn’t harm a player in a significant financial way.
- image entities and tvs can be put on cars

What negatives could this have?:
- possibility for unrealistic actions using the welding feature

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only thing perp really has that utilizes any sort of weld-like function for two physics objects is the RC truck, when you put the hook on a car, and we all know just how dangerous that can be. I think allowing people to weld anything else to vehicles is only going to end in tears.

I think in terms of advertising, there's enough variety right now with regular image frames which can be put on walls, and billboards which can be bought.

I know TDMcars has a bus, and that bus has a very conveniently placed advertising board on it, which could easily have an image entity attached to it via scripts, but I'm not sure if there are plans to add a bus any time soon.

Reaction score
As far as I know, the only thing perp really has that utilizes any sort of weld-like function for two physics objects is the RC truck, when you put the hook on a car, and we all know just how dangerous that can be. I think allowing people to weld anything else to vehicles is only going to end in tears.
It could or it couldn’t.

But Based on my shameful 6000+ hours in gmod when I think of welding a no collided object to a car it doesn’t cause any issues like that of the RC hook bugs because there are no collisions TO make the bug happen.

Additionally it was mentioned in the post that the ability of placing it anywhere can be compromised for a more controlled version that allows people to weld between certain entities or objects if needed

Reaction score
This would cause the weight of all items to require balancing which would take way too long, imo more things are prioritised, I don’t particularly see the need of it

Reaction score
This would cause the weight of all items to require balancing which would take way too long, imo more things are prioritised, I don’t particularly see the need of it
Im pretty sure if the attached object is weightless just make it so no balancing is needed.

Reaction score

The big bosses are worried about giving a tool like this to staff, let alone the entire community, plus closed cause of the dislike ratio too