02-11-2016 Queue Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First thing to note, Halloween will only remain for one more day.

As many of you are aware, joining the server when it is peak time it can be very difficult, if not impossible for hours. So we have made a way to join to the server in a proper order so you will actually have a chance to do so. This means when we enable it, there will be a queue server in which you will first need to connect to, in which it will automatically put you into a queue to join the main server. In the top right it will display your current position in the queue and how many others are waiting. You will be unable to join directly to the main server while this is in effect. Upon someone leaving on the main server it will prompt the first player in the queue if they wish to join, this option is only valid for 2 minutes. If you choose to not take the slot or miss your chance it will not currently put you into the end of the queue, so if you wish to requeue you will have to reconnect to the server.

Hopefully this will make your chances of getting the slot much higher and you don't have to wait forever on the GMod title page doing nothing. Instead the queue server will presently be running the Cinema gamemode, so you and others can sit back and watch some videos together while you wait. Of course the same server rules apply here, so only appropriate videos allowed and be respectful to one another. Anyways we hope you enjoy this change and will easily connect in a timely fashion.

vRBCp3w.jpg
w9slQma.jpg

To connect to the queue server open your GMod console and type:
Code:
connect perpheads.com:27018

Reaction score
I'm just wondering will the auto-join on steam go before the queue server because even if there is a queue with auto-join you go whenever there is a slot open on the server.

If you don't know what I'm talking about if you click join server on the perpheads home page while the server is full, there is a button that says auto-join which allows you to join the server when a slot is available .

Reaction score
Nice a lobby. Now if there were mini games along with the cinema that would be fun. inb4 ''admun theirs a minge in servere"

Reaction score
Does this mean that the queue server will only be up for specific hours of the day? And after that will it just stop after a certain amount of hours?
I feel like having the queue server running permanently would be neat, because then we can test if we really need a second server with seeing how many people really want to get in on the main server, and it can function as a cinema server at the same time.

Thanks stephen! Now I don't need to look at my dumb wallpapers I downloaded like ages ago.

Reaction score
Maybe I can actually manage to get a slot after getting home, now, instead of waiting several hours and then leaving minutes later to get sleep before going to work the next day.

Thanks

Reaction score
Ahh, so that's what the Cinema server was for, I now see the logical aspect of it. Usually I just sit and watch YouTube video's until I manage to get in but now I can do so and have people in the same boat as me :p

Thank you Stephen and the other staff for getting this in place, we appreciate it very much!

Reaction score
This would be good if there was like an arena mode where you could choose a gun and battle people, however I still feel this will be really awesome to have.

Reaction score
This is a excellent idea, I can see this cutting down on a variety of problems, and allowing people with undesirable internet speeds to a fair chance of connecting.

Reaction score
maybe since something like this server is possible you guys could work on extending the map on an other server ? like putting a big boat that goes across the bridge to the other side of paralake which will move players and their cars maybe ? :D

Reaction score
Will banned players still be able to join the queue server?

Will administrators have any powers on the server?

Will general conduct rules apply to this server?

Reaction score
Could there be a deathmatch room or something to improve our aim of the main server with the perp guns?

Reaction score
Basically my macro to join the server is useless now. It got me in within 5 minutes max.

Is there a timetable of when its being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.