24/04/2020 - Community Updates

Reaction score

style-logo.png
Good evening guys.

After lengthy talks within Senior Administration, we are excited to announce changes within the staff team and community. You guys have voiced your issues over the last couple of months, this is our response. The following changes will be effective immediately, all of these changes are subject to adaptation and change dependent on their overall effect in the coming weeks.

New ranks & roles:
  • Community Manager
    It is absolutely understood that there is a distinct lack of communication from the administration team to the community, we're often met with a lot of criticism that there's not enough transparency, there's a lack of movement with prevalent community issues and there's little being done about the dropping player count & toxicity throughout the server and forums. Our Community Manager will handle all of these aspects, leaving Senior Administration to handle the staff team and other relevant administrative tasks. The community manager will oversee server development & ensure there's a constant community roadmap in place, and that players voices are being heard when it comes to relevant community decisions and plans.

• Senior Moderator
    This role is another stepping stone of progression for our staff members, this role will feature more privileges and responsibilities and will be reserved for more seasoned staff members.

• Helper
    An old rank however with a slightly different purpose. This will replace the first rank you apply for to join the staff team, you can then apply for Enforcer a week later or stay at this role to assist with smaller player-related issues. This role will feature less permissions than Enforcer, and allow for community members to assist in supporting the community without having to worry about required activity requirements to remain in this role. Former staff members can also opt to reside in this role, allowing them to provide their spare time to help out without many obligations.

Event Team:
We understand that events are of course enjoyable for our players, however we are often met with impromptu games of gungame or other events on the server from time to time. It will be the job of the event team to plan new and exciting events every month, meeting to discuss long and short term event ideas. We'll discuss more in the future about our plans, however be sure that more long-term criminal and legal events/scenarios will begin to take place. We will be opening applications to fill our event-staff team shortly, so be sure to keep an eye out for these!

Other Changes:
  • Enforcers have had some server permissions added to allow them to perform their duties.

There's a bunch of other changes that we will begin to implement over the upcoming weeks, development will be working at a better pace and we will be absolutely more open with you guys in what we plan to do. I should probably also state that I've been tasked with being Community Manager, I hope to create a healthy relationship with you guys and begin working toward fixing the problems that you have raised. We're all only able to put in place the foundation for these changes, we are willing to overhaul many parts of this community, however we do need a certain openness from you guys to change too.

We hope to allow for a healthier community in general, that development is more consistent, players voices are heard and administration is fair and effective.

I hope you guys can give these changes a chance and treat this as a new chapter for this community.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Where do I apply if I was a former staff? I wouldn't mind helping you guys out from time to time. :)

Deleted member 4116

Deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
  • Staff
Here's the full list, they're mainly in-game but Senior Administration might decide to give them a few forum permissions.
  • Disguise mode
  • Set health
  • Repair vehicles fully
  • Ability to clear decals
  • No max ban length
  • License plates

View previous replies…
Reaction score
@Ayjay what permissions were revoked from the server devs?

Reaction score
View previous replies…
Reaction score
Specific permissions has not been revoked from Developers yet, although we don't want them to be involved in administrative situations in the future, so removing abilities to ban/warn etc would make sense. Will look over this tomorrow.

View previous replies…
Reaction score
While you’re at it, I’m kind of annoyed law suggestions have been unanswered for years despite most of them being open for years. I’m a big fan of what you and @Samuel did for the development suggestions and what not and it would be great if something like this could be done to clear that section of the forums

Last edited:
Reaction score
Will Com. Manager be an in-game rank? What perms does it have if so?

Deleted member 6228

Most likely will be, seeing as Ayjay was a developer already, most likely almost every power

Reaction score
"Our Community Manager will handle all of these aspects, leaving Senior Administration to handle the staff team and other relevant administrative tasks."

So does Com. Manager have to fulfill admin tasks as other staff would or is it not treated as a staff position?

View previous replies…
Reaction score
Can we get any information why @Shay wasn't added as Senior Moderator? I came on and saw he was still Moderator. This is a quite weird thing, Shay is a hard working amazing staff member, I know some people don't have the right opinion about him, but he's been doing a great job both with police and Staff related stuff.

Again I have the greatest respect for @Dom_ But he literally got staff AGAIN after I was Enforcer for about a week or so, whilst @Shay was still staff, Ik he's not the most active, but nor is a lot of other staff members, and theres no need to go into reports in that case either.

So could we get any information about that?

View previous replies…
Reaction score
I don't believe you say does much in terms of the way staff see's moderators. Dom, has been a DCOD and Moderator for a period spanning over 2 years. He's been an amazing help to the community. If you want to complain about anything, complain that Dom hasn't received Admin yet.

This is the most nonconstructive thing I've read. You are literally upset that your friend didn't get 'Senior Mod.'

Reaction score
I'm friends with almost all the staff members, I have nothing against Dom. For all I care he should be an Admin too, that's not up to me though.

Reaction score
I am also not upset, it's a genuine question? You're the one upset over me making a question, maybe you shouldn't be upset over a simple curious question? I could go around saying "Why is SpaceShots not Admin?", or Shay, or Blobvis. I am genuinely being a curious member of the community.

Reaction score
Maybe Shay didnt want to be a senior moderator?

Maybe the senior administration saw more qualities in Dom than they did Shay?

Being staff shouldn't be, and evidently isn't a pissing contest on who can sit on a rank the longest. Quality over quantity.

Your preference on staff members probably isn't based on the quality of there work, but how much you like them as a person, which reflects in this post quite a bit.

Reaction score
I like Dom, I'm not complaining over him being Senior Moderator, I asked why Shay didn't ALSO get it, not instead of Dom. Hell 3.4K Reports is amazingly done, and Dom deserves that aswell, I really can't deny that and I wont denie that.

I like @Dom_ but were not friends, had @Dom_ not gotten Senior Moderator I could've aswell have asked about that too. Despite Dom and I having a past up and downs, Dom has been quite nice lately and helped me a lot aswell, and we talk now and then more OOC really, though still.

Dom is great, and it's good to see him finally get another rank than just Moderator.

Reaction score
And of course their my friends, but if I didn't like their work i'm not gonna recommend them. Shay have been doing great job in my opinion, if he hadn't obviously he wouldn't have stayed Moderator for 5 months now? Or been Moderator Twice, without being demoted(As far as I'm aware), clearly he's doing something right.

And then yeah maybe he's not ready for it or not fit for it? That's fine I am simply confused over it. It couldn't be simpler than that.

Deleted member 6228

Are these new roles going to receive banners/colors on the forum?

Reaction score
Once we get some banners for em, yeah

View previous replies…
Reaction score
An old rank however with a slightly different purpose. This will replace the first rank you apply for to join the staff team, you can then apply for Enforcer a week later or stay at this role to assist with smaller player-related issues.
AyjayWill players still be able to give feedback to people applying for Enforcer after they have had Helper for a week or will this be something only the Staff Team can see?

Reaction score
All applications will be public

Reaction score
Another question, can people hold both the Event Staff role and a Administrative role at the same time?

Reaction score
Hello,

I will be running for event manager and this is my official return to the server where I will be playing seriously.

This is my LAST and FINAL return and I will stay permanently, I hope you support me!

View previous replies…
Reaction score
I want people to understand that even though the Helper rank doesn't have a lot of responsibilities it doesn't mean it's a rank you should just go ahead and apply for out of the blue.

It's a serious role and a way to expand the staff team, so it's important that if you apply that you're serious about wanting to help out and that you will be active.