5.1 Mugging Edit Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 5.1 Mugging

Your version of the rule: Not allowed to do any kind of robbing/mugging inside public shops, areas etc.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
My suggestion lays on that i think it should be added that it won't be able to mug people in menus, where they example are buying items at a NPC, creating items and such. Since i have witnessed a lot of people do this, i see people have no chance to react or maybe even defend them self. Since they are inside a shop menu, and a guy pulls up to their back and maybe starts off with "/me gags John Doe" or "/me ties up John Doe" I just think to make a fair gameplay for all players, shops, atm and other kind of services should be considered as a green-zone.

Reaction score
Well, nobody can mug you in the public, all shops and npcs (except dd) is in the public so nobody can mug you when you buy stuff.

Also, crafting in public is not allowed too.

Also, you cant commit a crime infront of any npc.

Reaction score
Let me just tell you to take a second look at rule 5.1:
"Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner, for example mugging someone in the middle of a street is not realistic, muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public."

This, essentially, means that people are only allowed to mug in secluded areas. The places you mention are all in public and in the eyes of NPCs, so if you ever witness anyone mugging someone there, report them immediately. I do not recall anywhere, except for the Drug Dealer, where an NPC/ATM is not in the view of the public, perhaps with exception of the Pub NPC down at the docks.

To sum it up: What you are suggesting is already there. People are not allowed to mug at NPCs/ATMs, because they are in view of the public.

Reaction score
Mr.Daymon. I did read the rules. Buddy ;)

Anyway. The rule statement goes like
  • "Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner, for example mugging someone in the middle of a street is not realistic, muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public."
Just like Niko refered too.

Now i have experienced several times this is being misunderstood. Since the first day i was playing on the server, i was standing at the drug dealer NPC and were about to buy my first amount of seeds when a guy shows up with a gun and orders me into the toilet at the underground and rips me for all i own and have at that time just about 17k, and admin or an moderator was there and he said that's how it is. So it can be really hard to define what is what. Since it only says in the view of public and isn't more detailed in it self. It seems like that players and even admins, define this as more on pavements in front of city hall where nobody probaly would mug anyone anyway.

So i think, since this apparently already is a rule. It should be called more detailed out.

Reaction score
As the reason you are allowed to mug someone in the back of there shop as it is not considered a public place as the shop owner does not just let everyone in there shop.Also the reason why this rule is in place to make it so that player don't cause many problems and or end of getting killed by mugging someone in a public place such as the od and cops show up.

Reaction score
I'm aware this is old but the fact that this section seems to be neglected makes me sad.

I see what you're saying but the public area/setting definitions are clearly stated at the top of the rules and laws. Go take a look and it's fairly obvious. The general rule of thumb is that if the area is used often, visible from the street or other public area and in daylight DONT MUG THERE.

Reaction score
This rule addition is un-needed due to the several other rules that apply to mugging situations i.e. 6.3 NPCs that pretty much covers any NPC based locations and this part of the rule: "muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public." also covers your concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.