A look back at the past.

Reaction score
Hey,

Most of you don't know me, but I was a pretty active member of this community at some point, I think around 2013/14/15-16(I really can't remember so forgive me). But I was just having some nostalgia moments with a couple friends and remembered this community. All my memories of this community are 100% wholesome an i'm just fucking glad to see it alive. I probably won't join back due to the circumstances of my life atm (Uni, work, etc) but I hope this community is around for a long fucking time because I hope to join back at some point. Some of the people I personally knew are still here which is great. I'll try to check this forum post for a couple days but if I don't and if you did know me, just message me on discord @ Ajroks#4908.

Also look at this god awful trash I made at some point:

Much love,
Ajroks/Aarij/Black Jesus/ The Real Black Jesus/ Ryan Giovanni

Last edited:

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
i really wanna hear from some old members what they see wrong with the community nowadays if people claim it used to be full most of the time and queue server used to reach 40 players, what was so addicting to play on the community when nowadays people just join see its empty and leave, people were joining early in the morning like it's some race to see who enters faster and gets a slot lol wth happened.

Reaction score
i really wanna hear from some old members what they see wrong with the community nowadays if people claim it used to be full most of the time and queue server used to reach 40 players, what was so addicting to play on the community when nowadays people just join see its empty and leave, people were joining early in the morning like it's some race to see who enters faster and gets a slot lol wth happened.

From what I understand from your question regarding the Perp server being empty? I can't speak to that because I don't know what has happened to the community in the last few years. But what I do know is Garrys Mod as a whole is a game that is slowly dying (I think) I mean the original version came out in 2004. But at least when I used to play it the servers were full at times and sometimes empty, it may depend on your time zone my guy

Reaction score
I can't speak to that because I don't know what has happened to the community in the last few years.
A couple of months back, the server was struggling to reach over 50 players at peak times. So, there was a mass unbanning at the end of April which sort of fixed it and the player count jumped up quite a considerable amount. I reckon the player count is going to rise quite a bit more now considering most people’s exams are now finishing.

The community is a lot different to what is was back in 2016/17 and even more so for the years prior (I can’t say because I wasn’t there for them). The general communties toxicity rose to life threatening levels which was slightly healed with the banning of most Olsen Band3n members and other toxic skids. There is a post in announcements called “Olsen Drama” explaining it. Everything looked a lot nicer back in 14/15, now there is too much competition and it is ruining it in my opinion. Though I might be able to go on with more problems the community has, those have been the biggest recently.

I just thought I would bring you up to speed about what’s happened since you were gone. Suppose I could talk about the Police Department but I’ll leave that to someone else. ;)

Reaction score

I don't really think it's an issue with what's changed with PERP but more a factor of who's changed with PERP. Like there was a certain age group and a certain generation that played, the most active players were all in the same age group and made strong friendship groups (Like how everyone went to Standish's passing out parade <3).
I think a good example of this is the 'peter the prophet' (I think that's right) and although most of them got banned for other reasons, they all started to grow up and more importantly grow out of PERP and this is seen by a lot of credible members leaving perp; Chris, Jordan, Moron, Lockwood, Standish, Murtsley, AyJay (although he came back), and others. But with all these big members of the community leaving, there wasn't an influx of new people joining so the server population just started to drop slightly.
And as more people grow older, this process just repeats. Like myself, Lewis, and Danny rarely play anymore because you get to an age where perp just isn't a priority.

Tl;dr: It's not perp that's dying, it's the playerbase :)

Reaction score
A couple of months back, the server was struggling to reach over 50 players at peak times. So, there was a mass unbanning at the end of April which sort of fixed it and the player count jumped up quite a considerable amount. I reckon the player count is going to rise quite a bit more now considering most people’s exams are now finishing.

The community is a lot different to what is was back in 2016/17 and even more so for the years prior (I can’t say because I wasn’t there for them). The general communties toxicity rose to life threatening levels which was slightly healed with the banning of most Olsen Band3n members and other toxic skids. There is a post in announcements called “Olsen Drama” explaining it. Everything looked a lot nicer back in 14/15, now there is too much competition and it is ruining it in my opinion. Though I might be able to go on with more problems the community has, those have been the biggest recently.

I just thought I would bring you up to speed about what’s happened since you were gone. Suppose I could talk about the Police Department but I’ll leave that to someone else. ;)

I dont agree at all, you cant just blame most of the toxicity in the server because of who they are, people made olsen something they can use as an excuse for something that went bad.
Even when they were and even when i was in it, i dont remember us/them doing much trouble or any at all.
The server will still be toxic, cause thats just how the community is.

Reaction score
I dont agree at all, you cant just blame most of the toxicity in the server because of who they are
That is where the toxicity comes from, it's how they act and display themselves as an individual. If it wasn't the members, why were they all banned then?

Reaction score
And as more people grow older, this process just repeats. Like myself, Lewis, and Danny rarely play anymore because you get to an age where perp just isn't a priority.

Much like myself, you get older and you get busy. Your responsibilities increase and at times you just have so much work from either uni or work that video gaming in general isn't a priority. Or sometimes you want to go try something different l. It happens, I think the key is to find a way to bring on new players that are interested in this sort of game