A new rule 3.27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:

Add a rule under section 3 of the rules. It'd be 3.27

Your version of the rule:

3.27 Medical Assistance
- Whilst in immediate danger, a player should avoid using the Hospital NPC to heal themselves to avoid death or bleeding. It is perfectly acceptable for a player to use a Medic that has been dispatched to heal themselves provided they are both safe to do so. If a player decide's to use the Hospital NPC, he/she should avoid returning to a gunfight for 20 in-game minutes.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: (Be extensive and descriptive)

Currently there are a lot of police and players that when involved in gunfights may retreat to the hospital to heal themselves. This is unrealistic in my opinion due to the fact that even in the message it says "20 minutes later".

This would obviously increase realism as for the majority of the time, a player will run straight back into the fray after being healed by the NPC. I've seen countless of SWAT officers do this and it just creates a problem as they run back into the gunfight completely healed. Despite the fact that 20 minutes would have passed.

I don't have an issue with players retreating back to a medic to be healed. But it just seems a bit silly that when you're healed by the NPC it says "20 minutes later" yet you're still okay to get back in the gunfight if you know what I mean?

EDIT: I added a little bit at the end, give me some feedback on whether that would improve this rule :)

EDIT 2: (I've copy and pasted my comment and after reading it back it makes sense)

A Paramedic is usually a person who is trained in emergency first aid, so it'd make sense to heal someone instantly. I'd like to imagine that NPC behind the counter is like a fully qualified doctor. which would be the reason time would pass.

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support

This would really prevent many Officers and even S.W.A.T. Officers from healing themselves in a gunfight "20 mins later" Even though the fight is still live. But criminals hiding from cops should also be unable to enter government buildings such as the hospital to heal themselves.

Reaction score
I've given the Rule an actual name. It's the best I could come up with, someone post what they feel would be a better name if they'd like and if it's an improvement to mine I'll change it :)

Reaction score
Ehhh, going to the hospital for treatment is no different then using a paramedic IMO. If you want to stop them from getting healed there then send a dogsbody to take the NPC hostage and pop them when they come in.

Reaction score
Would this not already be unrealistic actions? If not, My bad. But seems like a great addition. Since you wouldn't get a bullet wound done up in a second and be able to go back to a gunfight.

Reaction score
The premise of this rule seems practical and maybe even needed however maybe some tweaks would be needed as for the most part when you need to use the NPC your life is in danger anyway. And as a few other people pointed out the realism rules broadly covered this, I'll pop it down and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.