Police Suggestion A second sniper rifle for the TFU Arsenal L115A3/AWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Haven't been able to find a suggestion about this so I hope I'm not wasting time.

Brief description of idea: Add the L115A3/AWM to the TFU's arsenal of weapons to choose from. This should not replace the Remington M24 and it should continue to be able to be spawned in the trunk of a Range Rover, I'm suggesting on adding a more powerful alternative to the M24 once you're in Heavy gear and take it from the Armoury of the PD or from the Armoured Van.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: The Remington M24 is a weak anti-personnel sniper rifle, even up close targets survive a 7.62x51mm bullet to the Thorax, also proven by a recent situation of mine that I witnessed. However, the Remington M24 should remain if a silenced weapon of choice for long range engagements is needed. Having a removable magazine is also way better than a internally fed magazine (Video of a sad click at the end as well as the first shot missing my target, raising questionable accuracy of shown rifle).

What potential negatives could this have for the department: None, the department honestly needs a better sniper rifle for long range engagements with 1 shot potential. This sniper is another bolt-action but will prove to be more useful due to its larger calibre and higher stopping power on unarmoured targets (Source, only question remains if this is true in PERP).

Other additions: None that I can think of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
its OP my friend 1 shot = kill + they add some good guns such as hcct and some revolvers ( not all of them are good ) about rifels they are fine shotgun are fine as will the sniper m24 are fine but if you got the L115A3 or AWM there wont be any balance at all ( if they use it long range or camping some where )
"1 shot kill" have you ever used the M24? it puts people into Majorly Injured with a shot to the Thorax

Reaction score
"1 shot kill" have you ever used the M24? it puts people into Majorly Injured with a shot to the Thorax
yes i use it i didnt say its 1 shot kill i mean the other snipers

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
As captain of TFU I can see the pros here. No one snipes anymore unless it is at a contained hostage situation. This isn’t because TFU dont want to snipe, it’s because the only true sniper we have is some dogshit deer gun and the alternative to that is a rifle with an ACOG.

Personally I’d rather see the M24 buffed as it makes 0 sense that it does the same damage as a semi automatic DMR or G3 despite having half or a quarter of the capacity, no magazine, and a slow fire rate. It is also beneficial to the game mode as a whole because it would be the same for everyone and would be viable.

To be honest with you, regarding balance, it’d only be slightly more difficult to counter than an M24 would be because if a TFU just isn’t hitting shots with an M24, he wouldn’t with an AWM either, and if he body shots you with an M24 you’re likely going to be crippled and bleeding fast because M24 do be like that.

If SMT comes up to me and says they’re accepting this suggestion I won’t object. In the mean time, I shall be “field testing“ this gun soon :)
The M24 does the same damage as the G3 and M14 because it fires the same type of round, 7.62 NATO. It wouldn't be realistic to increase the damage of the M24 just because it's bolt action.

Reaction score
Definitely the criminals thinking they're entitled to a equal nerf to the PD with a stricter TFU limit just because we're suggesting a new weapon, not like all of you have grinded till no end and using G3, AS50 and nades out on the streets.
the gun is expensive not everyone rich not everyone can play with AS50 g3a3 personally from what i see its like just 2-4 people who is useing it but not all the time
think about it you are saying we can use any gun sure we can but we pay for it and we lose it do you lose the gun or do you pay for it ?

imagine having AS50 24/7

most shootout it be pistols or rifels

Reaction score
the gun is expensive not everyone rich not everyone can play with AS50 g3a3 personally from what i see its like just 2-4 people who is useing it but not all the time
think about it you are saying we can use any gun sure we can but we pay for it and we lose it do you lose the gun or do you pay for it ?

imagine having AS50 24/7

most shootout it be pistols or rifels
I mean, that tends to happen with cops as their main primary is usually a rifle, and secondarys are usually handguns.
I rarely ever see a smg used by police unless it is light gear.
You have confused me so much.

Reaction score
I guarantee that 20 TFOs will start iron sighting it in raids, no matter the policy. These will get dealt with very quickly but it's worth noting that it'll happen. Nevertheless I support this idea

Status
Not open for further replies.