Police Suggestion A second sniper rifle for the TFU Arsenal L115A3/AWM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Haven't been able to find a suggestion about this so I hope I'm not wasting time.

Brief description of idea: Add the L115A3/AWM to the TFU's arsenal of weapons to choose from. This should not replace the Remington M24 and it should continue to be able to be spawned in the trunk of a Range Rover, I'm suggesting on adding a more powerful alternative to the M24 once you're in Heavy gear and take it from the Armoury of the PD or from the Armoured Van.

What benefits would this idea have for the department: The Remington M24 is a weak anti-personnel sniper rifle, even up close targets survive a 7.62x51mm bullet to the Thorax, also proven by a recent situation of mine that I witnessed. However, the Remington M24 should remain if a silenced weapon of choice for long range engagements is needed. Having a removable magazine is also way better than a internally fed magazine (Video of a sad click at the end as well as the first shot missing my target, raising questionable accuracy of shown rifle).

What potential negatives could this have for the department: None, the department honestly needs a better sniper rifle for long range engagements with 1 shot potential. This sniper is another bolt-action but will prove to be more useful due to its larger calibre and higher stopping power on unarmoured targets (Source, only question remains if this is true in PERP).

Other additions: None that I can think of.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guarantee that 20 TFOs will start iron sighting it in raids, no matter the policy. These will get dealt with very quickly but it's worth noting that it'll happen. Nevertheless I support this idea
It has no iron sights in the first place. You also cannot remove any attachments that are mounted on the weapon.

Reaction score
It has no iron sights in the first place. You also cannot remove any attachments that are mounted on the weapon.
suggesting that you also lose the ability to spawn without scope too then. This would fix a lot of issues even tho it's bs you cannae remove attachments ever

Reaction score
The M24 does the same damage as the G3 and M14 because it fires the same type of round, 7.62 NATO. It wouldn't be realistic to increase the damage of the M24 just because it's bolt action.
Change caliber of it to .308 Winchester (same shape and size but higher powder loads) or .300 win mag and then we can justify a damage raise.

Also its a game that is not realistic at all.

Reaction score
Change caliber of it to .308 Winchester (same shape and size but higher powder loads) or .300 win mag and then we can justify a damage raise.

Also its a game that is not realistic at all.
That's a possibility but I do think that a magazine fed AWM would be far more useful to a police sniper than the M24.

Let's not forget that the SWAT armory was created when the choice of snipers was: M24, Barret, G3 and M14. Now there's a few more bolt action rifles I don't see why TFU can't be given a slightly better option.

Reaction score
I guarantee that 20 TFOs will start iron sighting it in raids, no matter the policy. These will get dealt with very quickly but it's worth noting that it'll happen. Nevertheless I support this idea
This will come under the same policy as the M24 and anyone using the sniper in this manner will face disciplinary action :)

Reaction score
yesterday we had shootout we was getting raided by plpd one of the tfu was useing sniper he was camping at docks with m24 he killed like 3-5 people i think it was ethen not sure
You broke 3.4 and didn’t leave after winning a raid. If you followed 3.4 you’d have won and left. Not my fault you all peaked 1 by 1?

Reaction score

Accepted

The L115A3 will be available for TFU with the following restrictions:
  • The L115A3 will only be available for TFU equipped in Heavy Gear.
  • The L115A3 can only be retrieved by one Heavy TFO similarly to how the TFU van can only be retrieved by one Heavy TFO.
The L115A3 will also be covered under 2.3 of the Tactical Firearms Unit Policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.