Add excessive racism in character to 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 1.1
Your version of the rule:

1.1 Disrespectful Behaviour
Disrespectful behavior, in its broadest sense, is not acceptable; users are expected to conduct themselves respectfully at all times. Also, excessively using racist stereotypes, derogatory terms, or other racially intolerant behaviors will not be permitted.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: While racism IS an aspect of roleplay, things are going too far. It's by no means being handled tastefully or respectfully, and is instead being used as a barely-ic joke. People using the word Ni---- is the most common example. While yes, having it said in character from time to time is a realistic thing, there are also situations like this
Frankly, in my eyes this is unacceptable. There is in character racism, and then there is just making it a punchline on the server.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem with this is who decides it's intended maliciously or simply a joke. For example I usually in-game will greet people by saying "what up my n---a" would that be considered excessive? Racism as a whole has always been a part in-game RP and there are other in-game rules that prevent it from going too far. These rules would include 3.4 and 2.5 as you simply CANNOT kill someone due to skin color, shops with unrealistic names are usually always changed to become realistic. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people racist on perpheads aren't actually racist and only do it cause it's the internet!

Deleted member 6228

Realistically, a lot of roleplay that goes on in perp is the sort of low level criminal life, and tbh nigga in all its forms is used a lot to communicate between various gangs members etc, if its being used in a OOC context sure, ban them, but surely that just comes under excessive negativity?

Status
Not open for further replies.