Addition to 12.4 Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law:
Change to a current law

What law do you wish to change/add:
12.4 Parking Vehicles may not be parked on public roads unless designated by the parking road markings. Infraction - liable to $1,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture.

Addition:
12.4 Parking Vehicles may not be parked on public roads unless designated by the parking road markings. Infraction - liable to $1,000 maximum fine and asset forfeiture. You may also only park in the designated parking area's or owned property. You may not park in area's that do not meet these requirements.

Why should this change/addition be made:
This change should be made because there has been a growing number of people taking advantage of this flawed law. Parking in grassy areas off the roads, or even parking in the middle of a path. People are parking anywhere they feel like using excuses such as "there is nothing in the law that says I can't park here"

What is the aim of this change/addition:
To make the parking law more of a sound law. Adding this would make the parking law more direct and understandable.

Additional Information:
I hope people consider this change as I believe it is much needed. I also know there is 2 other parking law reform posts however my idea does not have the same premise.

Reaction score
I would definitely support this as this happens to me all the time and people saying nothing says I can't. And people then follow on to say well call your supervisor and I'm gonna get u demoted and shit. Anyway thats me ranting but yeah, this would add more realism for such a small chance and would prevent people from just being lazy.

Reaction score
I support this so much, it is a massive problem and people abuse this system. maybe adding in something about disabled parking spots? because people try do the same thing with that.

Reaction score
I'm no genious when it comes to fully understanding the laws, but if you mean that people are driving off to random places and parking on the sidewalk etc. I'm fairly sure that counts as 12.5 since they decided to drive their car off the road which disregards road markings. Therefore I don't see the need in change of 12.4, but like I said, I myself am quite unsure whether it works like that.

Reaction score
I'm going to have to fully support his addition. This law is taken advantage of all the time, and it does get my nerves. I sure do hope this law gets changed.

Reaction score
Okay if Chris stated it why do I have @Samuel complaining about me whenever I ticket him
MAssive + support people are using it to there advantage for example nothing is stopping someone from parking on the steps inside the car dealer or bank

Sam

Reaction score
Okay if Chris stated it why do I have @Samuel complaining about me whenever I ticket him

First of all, you cannot take what I say while off-duty seriously Finlay, I will try to use the law to get away from tickets and get out of jail, but you have ticketed me several times for 12.4 when my vehicle have not been parked on a public road.

The HitMan said:
Samuel tends to abuse 12.4 and gets a Supervisor when ever you ticket him.

I do not "abuse" 12.4, I use it to my advantage, in 12.4 it states
Vehicles may not be parked on public roads unless designated by the parking road markings.
and a side walk is not a public road as 12.1 states
It is an offence to cross or enter a public road on foot via any crossing point other than those designated by road markings or signage.
, and the reason that I have called for supervisors is that you have also ticketed and towed my car for 12.4 when it have not been parked on a public road.

Sam

Reaction score
Locked.jpg

This have been fixed in the new law amendment.​

Status
Not open for further replies.