Allow people to search zip tied players and take zip tied players their items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/allow...p-tied-players-their-items.33935/#post-221495

Main Idea: If a player is zip tied players are able to search this player for their items and also take their items.

Full description of the idea:
When a player is zip tied the player that is ziptied is able to get searched by citizens. They are also able to take items from that citizen. (Should be very similar to the cop search feature so it would be pretty ''easy'' to code''. Players are also able to choose what items they want to take and what items they don't want to take. Once again very similar to the cop search feature. When a player wants to take someone their items the player that's getting their items taken away from will have to consent to their items being taken away.

This is how it's supposed to look like:
ZIQlJeo.jpg
NDmd9rG.jpg
Thanks @ind and @Collier for helping me obtain the screenshots I needed.

Items that can be taken away are items from the following mixtures: Ammunition , Magazines , Attachments , Weaponry , Stocks , Medical , Melee , Drugs , Cooking and Suppressors.
If I am not wrong all the items categories above should fall under the rule 5.1

Taking items should fall under an ''action'' therefore this interaction thing should pop up so it takes time to take items from a player.

Why does the other player have to consent?
Well, sometimes you might just get zip tied for fun and you don't want your items being taken away. Same thing let's say you are ziptied and you fled the ''scene'' you don't want a random citizen to quickly take your items and leave. I think by having the other player to consent will help prevent people abusing this for quick and easy muggings. Of course players have to consent when they are under direct gunpoint etc.

But what If the other player doesn't consent when he has to?
Fairly simple, since you already searched him you know exactly what items he has on him. If he fails to consent make an ar and take a screenshot of the items he had on him. This should be sufficient proof for a refund request after because you didn't receive his items.

Why should it be added?: This should be added because this would be a big quality of life change within perp and also help the staff team a lot more. People often make reports to see if the player thats getting mugged dropped all their items. Often staff do not respond within time and therefore the RP gets delayed. By adding this system players won't have to do that anymore and also if a player thats getting mugged now doesn't consent staff will still know what items he had on him if there was a screenshot taken. Would also help RP since rp will now be fluent due there can't be much delays between dropping your items. (No more dropping my 15 burgers 15 mags) and then waiting long as hell because picking up the items doesn't work the whole time.

Pros:
  1. Should be fairly easy to code since its fairly similar to what the police have now.
  2. When a player doesn't consent to their items being taken away people know now exactly what he or she had one him. ==> So staff also know now. of course if a screenshot is taken.
  3. Another reason to zip tie someone.

Cons:
  • People not consenting to their items being taken away.
  • Might possibly need some adjusting in the rules.

*Other additions: When a player takes a primary from someone while having a primary weapon himself the weapon will be dropped on the ground. This would be the same for secondaries.

ZIQlJeo.jpg
NDmd9rG.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 4116

+Support would like to see this added this would lower the amount of “CHECK THIS PLAYER HIS INVENTORY FOR ITEMS I SWEAR HE HAS MONEY ON HIM!!” reports during muggings, and would save time for staff to do other reports (not like that they do that).

Reaction score
Only downside to this I see is having a firearm on yourself means you wont get to make the guy drop it whilst zip tied. :/

Reaction score
Only downside to this I see is having a firearm on yourself means you wont get to make the guy drop it whilst zip tied. :/
Or it does the surrender effect aswell, its existing code so shouldnt be hard to add with it

Like, you search him and it does act surrender + you can see his items

Reaction score
Or it does the surrender effect aswell, its existing code so shouldnt be hard to add with it

Like, you search him and it does act surrender + you can see his items
How would a zip tied person surrender again?
Just make it drop the weapon instead

Reaction score
+support could be useful instead of getting shot for not dropping your shit fast enough

Status
Not open for further replies.