Server Suggestion An Option to Remove Surrender From Emote Wheel

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: An Option to Remove Surrender From Emote Wheel
Suggestion Description: Add an option in F1 Options to entirely remove Surrender from the wheel. Most players have surrender bound to a separate key and only use that key to surrender. This suggestion aims to remove ‘fat fingering’ surrender by accident.

Why should this be added?:
- QoL

What negatives could this have?:
- None

Reaction score
People are going to claim that they stalled because they don’t remember their surrender bind though.

Reaction score
At least move surrender to the bottom of the wheel or something. Rarely I will accidentally hit C for less than a second and find myself surrendering by accident. I’m not sure what real negatives this suggestion brings.

People are going to claim that they stalled because they don’t remember their surrender bind though.
This is a nonissue to be honest. If someone is stalling under gunpoint and they are not a new player they should receive punishment. This option I’m suggesting be added would be disabled by default, users would need to go into their options in order to remove it from the wheel. Claiming you forgot your keybind is obvious bogus and it should be the player’s responsibility to remember their keybind in the same way that they should be held responsible when claiming they forgot how to surrender with the wheel.

Reaction score
At least move surrender to the bottom of the wheel or something. Rarely I will accidentally hit C for less than a second and find myself surrendering by accident. I’m not sure what real negatives this suggestion brings.

This is a nonissue to be honest. If someone is stalling under gunpoint and they are not a new player they should receive punishment. This option I’m suggesting be added would be disabled by default, users would need to go into their options in order to remove it from the wheel. Claiming you forgot your keybind is obvious bogus and it should be the player’s responsibility to remember their keybind in the same way that they should be held responsible when claiming they forgot how to surrender with the wheel.
Do what I did, rebind it from C to I in gmod options

Reaction score
Do what I did, rebind it from C to I in gmod options
But that isn’t where I want the keybind. I prefer it on C! I use ‘=‘ to surrender, I never use the wheel to surrender. If players exclusively use the wheel to surrender, this new option will not affect them as it’s disabled by default. Obviously I can just rebind things but that’s not the issue really.

Reaction score
It should just be moved from the top, because its location makes it extremely susceptible to being accidentally pressed, moving it somewhere else would honestly solve this issue as a whole imo.

Reaction score
Yes, please. I got spam-rated on another thread when I asked why we can't cancel surrender, its a complete nuisance in the wheel.
951bdd0de162ae74fd76eab578f02231.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Surrendering sucks. You can fix this by:

1. Being able to cancel surrender, and having the surrender key bound to something by default. There should be a lua hint to surrender when someone gunpoints you if you're a new player.

Reaction score
I think a better idea would be able to have an option specifically to change it to a preset hotkey instead of being on the wheel so people can't pull the "I don't know how to surrender" bs. I like the surrender option on my wheel personally and don't have any issue with it

Reaction score
Moving it in the act wheel as changing the colour of the surrender circle to red or something would also be nice to make it more distinctive to spot out

Accidentally surrendering is the worst and can’t be cancelled :(

Reaction score

Same, move the position ATLEAST

if people forget their bind and have unbinded it its their responsibility

Reaction score
Moving it in the act wheel as changing the colour of the surrender circle to red or something would also be nice to make it more distinctive to spot out

Accidentally surrendering is the worst and can’t be cancelled :(
I believe this is the easiest and best solution to the problem. If surrender was directly at the bottom and colored red, it would be very hard to accidentally surrender.