Server Suggestion Remove Surrender Timer

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove Surrender Timer
Suggestion Description: Make it so instead of having a surrender timer you have to press a key bind (space?) to end the surrender.

This helps the person making the person surrender as they know they will keep them up and when they go down they dont have to GP if they put them down, if they cancel you can shoot them.

If you are the person with hands up and get out of line of fire etc. you can put them down and actually try to escape etc.

I often find when i put my hands up i have to keep putting them up to show i am no a threat and the other person gets very scared when they drop incase i do something.

Why should this be added?:
- Realism

What negatives could this have?:
-More 3.4?? 

Reaction score
Yeah, 10 seconds? or would you think longer
i would say the same time it now takes before the surrender is over. that way the feature is an extension of the current surrender and could only benefit roleplay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
  • Staff
Yeah i feel that, but instead of auto dropping you have to actually force come out. Therefore you know that the person has decided to unsurrender

Reaction score
Being able to un-surrender only after a good few seconds to take notice but with a cooldown on not being able to do certain actions such as use your phone, picking up weapons, etc maybe? With this being mentioned, you should be able to do limited things like unlocking doors and moving at a normal velocity again.

I've had it where I point a gun at someone and they surrender out of instinct, but my orders under gp were going to be to ask them to unlock a door but we'd just be awkwardly waiting there.

Reaction score
I've had it where I point a gun at someone and they surrender out of instinct, but my orders under gp were going to be to ask them to unlock a door but we'd just be awkwardly waiting there.

This is where having a mandatory 5 second surrender time would be handy and your surrender animation just loops. That, and having to hold C for 2-3 seconds (after the mandatory time is served) before your surrender cancels, and you put your hands down.
Having this 2-3 second window of confirming to cancel your surrender will not just prevent minges from instantly un-surrendering as soon as the gun-pointer turns around for a split second to check their back, but it will also show that it was intentional, and more than a reason to execute for.

Reaction score
This is where having a mandatory 5 second surrender time would be handy and your surrender animation just loops. That, and having to hold C for 2-3 seconds (after the mandatory time is served) before your surrender cancels, and you put your hands down.
Having this 2-3 second window of confirming to cancel your surrender will not just prevent minges from instantly un-surrendering as soon as the gun-pointer turns around for a split second to check their back, but it will also show that it was intentional, and more than a reason to execute for.
I agree. Give it a mandatory 5 or so seconds before you cancel. Right now isnt it like 30 seconds forced?