Server Suggestion Crafting - Remove Clicking, Add AFK Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: One of the biggest annoyances with crafting is the inability to queue multiple items, and instead having to go back and click every time you want to craft something new. This is totally unnecessary and makes crafting a huge pain. While it is true that some recipies that require multiple pre-crafted components can add those components to the queue, i.e. Rifle Ammo adds both Bullet Casings & Rifle Ammo to the queue, if I wanted to craft two Rifle Ammos in a row I would have to wait until the first was finished, switch back to the Ammunition tab, and then click on Rifle Ammo again. Many people have suggested that this is to prevent people going AFK and crafting, but I disagree; people can make macros or autoclickers which circumvents this process regardless.

I instead propose that it is made possible to put multiple items into the crafting queue, and remove the need to go back and click instead with an AFK Check - much like that of a Dispatcher. Every 10 minutes, maybe even 5, a prompt comes up which asks "What's 2+2?" and you have to give the correct answer otherwise you are kicked out of crafting and/or the server. I feel that this would entice many more people to craft themselves.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Removes the need to switch tabs and click every time you want to craft a new item.
- To compensate, an AFK Check can easily be added or a slight increase to the crafting times.
- Allows people to do other things productive, like check the forums, talk to people in-game, go on plpd.online etc.
- Would entice more people to get more involved with crafting, genetics & skills and open up new avenues for businesses. This includes newer players/sweater vests.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- People could easily level up their crafting & firearms level by queueing endless amounts of ammo. REBUTTLE: People can do this anyway, if they can be bothered to click.
- People could circumvent the AFK Clicker with a macro. REBUTTLE: Slightly move the prompt across the screen every time, or change the question.

Other additions: To compensate for the change :-
- An AFK Check which is every 5-10 minutes sporadically.
- Slightly increase the length of crafting times by 1-3 seconds, which would be the same amount of time as it would take to switch tabs and click.

Reaction score
Have this after a certain crafting skill maybe? 3 or 4 should be a good value, that's probably when you can start crafting rifles and stuff as well.

Deleted member 5577

The current AFK checking system works fine no need to change it

Reaction score
Be happy with the current system, you have to remember we had to craft every single part manually. Spending more than double the crafting time, crafting hundreds of refined metals, most of yall won’t know the pain we had back then

Status
Not open for further replies.