Apology @everyone Important

Reaction score
I think this thread's getting more debate than it deserves. I think its fair and human to apologise and to accept that your actions in the past were wrong. I do understand why people are sceptic, but i feel @Samuel's point isn't entirely fair. While it does take months, even years to adjust your personality, we're talking about a lad who's brain is making and changing more chemicals than Stevie Nicks's nose ever snorted. It can be a sudden realisation that your previous actions weren't very friendly.

Dude says he's changed, give him one chance to not fuck up. If you guys are all correct, then he can be banned forever. @zeus. , go prove 'em wrong when you get the chance!

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
Honestly I know you aren't going to like it. But when I had a year ban I waited it out because it did me good. Honestly I'm not trying to keep you off the server I think you are a Alright person. But a break can do people good. I mean I'm saying this now and I'm banned but I haven't been banned since 2016 apart from this current one. And all honesty it taught me a lesson

Good luck

Reaction score
@Samuel It's very unlikely, almost impossible, that Zeus has completely changed, despite his recent efforts, but this does not in any way mean that he cannot. I don't see why people are being so pessimistic about this topic. He has been given appropriate advice by multiple people that, if taken correctly, can help him to change his ways. I personally gave him a 1-year ban because his behaviour was unacceptable. I didn't ban him with the hope that he'd never come back - or I would have permanently banned him. A large number of replies to this topic all make it seem like people don't actually want him to change.. how does that benefit anyone? It would make me so incredibly happy to one day see Zeus re-integrated into this community with completely improved behaviour. This day will not come anytime soon and I trust Administration not to lift his ban at any point, but a whole year of someone's life is long enough for them to evaluate their decisions and attitude, and if it's not, then I guess it would be fair to say they cannot change. The difference is, we don't actually know if Zeus will change because his actions have never had consequences, however, this time around he's been sufficiently punished and we can only know if he can change by the behaviour he demonstrates over the next 10 months.

TL;DR - How do we actually know he can't change? He's never sat out a 12-month ban in its entirety and we don't know how that will actually affect his behaviour. Instead of adding insult to injury, which helps nobody, lets actually see how his behaviour changes over the time that he's banned and let him call the shots.

Reaction score
@Efan I know it's an apples and oranges comparison but the point I was trying to get it to is that him being a repeat offender should be irrelevant as time and time again I've seen repeat offenders get unbanned, if the argument is that he never learns from his mistakes then a good chunk of the player base should be wiped right now.

And what he said is inexcusable and a ban was definitely long overdue but I will once again reiterate that the server 3 months ago is not what it was today and if anything he is a product of the community itself, it's common knowledge that a good chunk of the player base is extremely toxic and most had to resort to the same level of toxicity just to stay afloat.

@Samuel you guys do what you gotta do, I certainly agree with you but I don't think bringing such bitter outlooks on life on a Garry's Mod server is a good idea, I hope I didn't come off as malicious towards anyone in here as that wasn't my intention, I just wanted to give this dude at least a fighting chance especially when he could be given a compromise at the very least(server unban but he remains communication banned, for example.)

Reaction score
Hey @Samuel you said:

"His behaviour was unacceptable, and that staff claims he has changed is completely ridiculous. He might be sorry, but it don’t mean he is this new person who don’t hurt a fly." Please explain what you mean by this. As I do not see any staff making such claims in this thread or in other places where people their behavior are discussed. If by “staff” you are referring to me then I’d like to clear up any misconceptions. Because in my post I only clarified zeus’ intentions when making this thread as I have more insight into this than the majority of the community.

I see where you are coming from when you say that people do not change that fast but it has already been proven that people can change for the better if they get the right help. You surely know that I have been putting effort in helping “controversial people” out and to this day I spend a lot of time doing just that. I, and others, have seen people change for the better within a small timespan.

I am not saying that all people can change, especially within a short timerange, since this is a fallacious argument because it’s a generalization. However I am saying that I firmly believe that everyone that is willing to change can eventually better themselves with the right help and directions and that the people that show or even express their will to change deserve a helping hand in doing so. That was my exact reason why I gave zeus the advice to make amends with the community (and do some other things that will not be disclosed here or anywhere else) and posted the context in the first place!

Sam

Reaction score
I’ll try to respond to above. Probably going to miss a ton of stuff as I’m on mobile, and I’m currently moving.

But, first of all. I usually do not have a view and even if I do, I usually don’t make it public in regards to rule break. But this one is a bit special.

Anyone who actually really knows me, the Sam behind the orange guy named Samuel, which is like 4 people in this community will know that I never judge people. Everyone steps onto the wrong path sometimes, and does and says things that they didn’t really mean, or it came out wrong. And anyone that knows me, will know that I always see good in people. I’m willing to give anyone a second chance, and even third chances... BUT in this situation, I feel like it’s more than rule break. And said player has already had a second chance. I’m not saying @zeus. is the devil himself, I’m just saying that he can’t control his anger while on the server. And probably does not have the self control he should have.
This is something I see in many community members tbh. As I wrote in the Mental Health thread, perp is a safe space. And I personally think many express their frustration in life on perp. Which can hit wrong.

But when we come to the position we are in. When several community members are saying that they have actually been touched by what he have said, then that is something that can’t be ignored.

Sorry is just a word. It’s unfortunately a word people use way too often. My father always told me, that when you say sorry you also need to show that you are taking steps to never let it happen again. And if it happens again, then your word is not really worth anything.
This player has said sorry before, but not tried to change his behaviour, or at least he has not been successful.

I haven’t personally been touched by what he has said, but I have friends who have. So I’m not here to say his apology means nothing. I’m sure he is sorry for his actions.

I think @zeus. needs help to control his impulses while on perp. If he ever returns then he should be closely watched.

Before I submit this, I wanna say. These type of bans, where the person hurt other people, and not just broke rules. It should not be up to some green out of touch admin if the player should return or not. It should be a community question! And anyone who has a problem with it, should be able to present their case in private. This is after all a community, and staff are here to enforce the rules, and not be some gods.

Reaction score
Okay so what? They’re just words don’t think it warrants a 1 year ban. Nobody is going to sit there for a year reflecting on what they’ve done, a month is enough. Everyone in here is being weird as fuck he literally just said a few naughty things who actually gives a fuck, the amount of times I’ve heard people say the n word who were staff and shit is hilarious so it shouldn’t matter.

• Creative
Reactions: Sam

Sam

Reaction score
@Wiki This is the most retarded reply to a thread on any forum. Honestly. They’re just words? I hope you know that words, and consistent harassment can cause damage. And certain stuff he has said impacted people.
It’s not like he just told people to fuck off, was much worse than that. Sitting in admin sits, with a straight face telling someone he hope their family dies of cancer, or more or less sexually harasses a female player is not a few naughty things. These were consistent acts, and not a heat of the moment thing like most toxic stuff on perp is.

Honestly, do you even know anything about what he has said? This is ridiculous

Reaction score
I will have to agree with what @Samuel wrote, I think he explained it very well. I was like you before, liked to be edgy and be a toxic person however I changed but that didn't happen when I woke up the next day it took years. I was younger than you when I had that period in my life I think I was 12 years old and it took me at least 3 years maybe even more too become so-called "reformed". If you were toxic enough to get a one year ban it must've been bad, really bad and after three months I can't see that much change in your behavior since then and if you come back I feel like you will fall back in that toxicity you have/had which is not needed in this community.