AR against " Chapladeen "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: tomhillm8 / Tom Hill
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Chapladeen / Tony Garcia
His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:28575199
Why Should This Player Be Punished:
2.5, 3.4, 3.12, 3.20. - Publicly attempted to assassinate me within the City Hall's library for refusal for lowing the taxes after about a few minutes of them being set to max. User then disconnected roughly two minutes or so after the assassination which proves that he had no intention on purchasing anything after his successful assassination but rather to reenact the assassination of
Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Evidence (Demo Required):
089da0eb68.png

12f44fb25b.png

http://plays.tv/video/57f8fec6a08212e6dc/assassination

M

Reaction score
pending2.png

@Chapladeen I need to know why you killed him (don't just state the tax value please, I need you to explain it within rule 3.12), and why you disconnected <2 minutes later. Where were you when you disconnected?

Reaction score
@Chris Alright, i'll explain my side to the story.

Tom Hill had previously been mayor, around 5-10 minutes before that (maybe more?). He hadn't died or disconnected, he had resigned instead, which allowed me to remember him. He had also been Mayor for quite some time in that previous election.

During this time, he had Sales Tax at 40%, which is still crazily high, and income tax at 75%. We gave him several warnings during this time to change the taxes, which was damaging my business because I could not buy more material to craft. I also was not receiving any money from my unemployment income.
The warnings we gave him to change the taxes weren't met with some legitimate reason why taxes had to be high. City funds were fairly good. All he replied with was "No" when we asked him to change them, leaving us to believe he was corrupt, and didn't have the best interests of the city in mind. We looked for him at that time too, but we could not find him.

When he was re-elected, I knew what was going to happen. He declared in OOC that he did not want to be mayor, and almost trollishly went and set everything to max and then sat in the library. Due to our previous experience with him, we viewed it as almost another term that he had been elected for. I made an advert for him to change the taxes, but never got a reply, so I went and found him in the library and directly asked him to change them. He still said no, and still gave no legitimate reason to have them so high. This was when I killed him. I made a clean get away and got to my car, driving away without getting told to stop or anything by the police. I then disconnected on the city bridge, which I guess looks suspicious and all if I wanted lower taxes to craft, but i'll explain why.

I did plan to buy some materials to craft weapons as soon as there was a new mayor in office, but I couldn't bet on them keeping the taxes low. I knew it would take a while to even elect a new mayor and then it would be a gamble if we got 0 taxes. At that time, my family returned home and we were going to spend time together. I didn't want to waste 30 minutes of their time by waiting for possibly nothing, and I was probably already warranted. I was not being chased or anything, so I disconnected.
In case I wasn't warranted, I rejoined and remained AFK at the city hall for a while, then came off for the night.

Sorry if I broke any rules while doing this, and for all the edits. I just couldn't quite say things how I wanted to say things until now.

M

Reaction score
accepted.jpg

clean get away and got to my car, driving away
disconnected on the city bridge,

The assassination element was fine. Disconnecting ~1.5 minutes later was not. There could have been a good chance that your car was called in at some point and officers could have been heading your way, so you need to be confident that you've gotten away successfully before you can disconnect (e.g. get to a place of refuge and hide there for a short while with no real activity).

Status
Not open for further replies.