Ask me anything about my Chief candidacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
During your time in the Police Department, who was the best Chief, Deputy Chief, or Assistant Chief of Department that you have served with?

Please explain your reasoning.

Reaction score
Every single one of the Chiefs I have worked under has done a lot for the PD and it would be too difficult for me to pick just one

Reaction score
I used to love the promotions in PD. Then you introduced this fairness and equality bullshit that really only prevents people from being promoted when they deserve it. I didn't give two shits if Joe Bloggs had been in the PD for two weeks, he's clearly played some other PoliceRP games and deserves SGT without waiting phat months.

Instead of restricting promotions, stop putting bias people in positions of power xoxo

#Collier4OverlordPLPD

And for a bit more seriousness:
Sections was a fucking brilliant idea but I feel primary command and chief ended up accidentally sabotaging it then saying “oh god look how shit this idea is”

literally plpd austerity: tories underfund and cut NHS, then proceed to say the NHS is shit.

Reaction score
Most of the stuff you've mentioned so far is about transparency and promotions, is there anything else you plan to do?

Reaction score
Tweak bonuses and make it easier to deal with underperforming command members. I'd like bonuses to be scaleable to better represent the work people with administrative roles do, for instance trainers. For example, perhaps a Trainer marks enough apps to be entitled to a bonus, but the other employee does a lot more. We have 'performance' bonus for this reason, but I think it would give these employees more of an incentive to do more work and improve results as a whole as it'll be more competitive.

Aside from that, I plan on trying to change some of the disciplinary action we give. For instance, if we set a review date for underperforming adminsitrative employees, during the review period they will work hard enough to not have action taken. Once the review date is up, they might slump again. It's too easy to get away with this at the moment

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
For myself, @Ayjay and other members TFU has been a massive problem for a long period for the server. Nothing was changed since the tryhard Olsen and LCN days to suit a playerbase with low amount of players, orgs and criminals with less numbers. There was a lot of times where you'd be in an org with 4-5 active members and there would still be max officers on duty and 3-4 TFU where you're clearly out manned and stand no chance. For someone that raided 24/7 if this made me not raid knowing that people would just sit as tfu 24/7 and get free rifles and shootouts, never playing as civ again. I often just left the server and just played something else so these people would get bored. What baffles me is the standards of TFU dropping, we went from TFU mainly being SGT+ and command members to cheaters like @Ashur and the other shit guy being accepted. These are problems I noticed during your time as well as command and TFTO activity. Your currently in a place where you can fix this,is there anything in regards to issues Ive brought up that you'd change as Ive seen other candidates agree with me on these issues as well as a lot of officers. What methods are you currently taking to fix these issues?

Reaction score
Tunnels and I have created a plan/proposal that we'd still like to tweak relating to quality control for TFOs and applicants. For one, fewer people will be getting into TFU as we're going back to monthly recruitment but more importantly we're trying to revive mandatory retraining for TFOs, we plan to make use of accepting applicants who score just above our guidelines on probation and any anomalies that are picked up during this date will be reviewed with the possibility of them needing retraining/retaking the stage.

Aside from this, we're thinking of raising the pass score a bit and (possibly) splitting TFO roles into 2. If that is the case, Senior Officers will be able to apply for TFO but upon completion will get access to Light Gear TFU. Once they are Corporals, they will be able to advance to getting heavy gear (possibly through another application or maybe an extra stage on the same one; maybe even something different entirely)

We aim to improve the qualities of TFOs by doing this as standards have been lower since apps were opened to SOs.

To accomodate for lower population, reducing the limit to geared up Officers is definitely on the table.

Deleted member 6228

I have to disagree with one point, splitting light and heavy gear will have no affect.
The overall quality of officers would still remain low and doing so literally has no effect apart from time barring people from getting all the perks of tfu

Reaction score
If you truly care about transparency you would make public all IA complaints and promotion & demotion reasons. Also pretty sure you were on board with my demotion regarding 'leaking' information after exposing corruption so personally i don't see you as a better person then Samuel.

Good luck
lol.

Screenshot_160.jpg

Reaction score
If you truly care about transparency you would make public all IA complaints and promotion & demotion reasons.
@Slayerduck The Department should be more transparent on current affairs as well as development and changes and involve the community more. What good would making all Officers' records public do? IMO it would only contribute to Officers' reputations being damaged, especially if Supervisors or Command Members were to receive public infractions players might lose confidence in them and it would become more of an issue that it's worth.

Also pretty sure you were on board with my demotion regarding 'leaking' information after exposing corruption
I was not involved in that demotion at all. In fact, I only found out what happened after someone told me.

As for the rating, I found your meme dumb because you've not been constructive in your reasoning to have records be publically viewable. Nor do I think confidentiality has anything to do with playercount as your meme implies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i definitely lost trust in the PLPD after the fucking jericho execution shit was somehow allowed
i think that's one of slayerducks reasoning for why it should be public, so we can see how the fuck that conclusion was made

Reaction score
If you become our chief what will you do with the award "Officer of the month" reintroducing?
And are PD wide events coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.