Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: ellie
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Week

Your Steam Name: [CQ]Reaper
Your Roleplay Name: Randy Magnum
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:83523142

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.24, 2.6, 3.4 - User failed to comply with gunpoint and decided to argue with the gunman and breaking character. He still failed to comply when a staff member notified him, they had to use their physgun to make him stop breaking character. Longer ban due to excessive record of the same rule break the last month.

Why should this appeal be considered?: So it is true I failed to comply with gunpoint, I'm upset it's a whole week ban. The reason i didn't fully comply is because the instigator was breaking the rules, i realize now it isn't justifiable for me to break them just because he did. He was trying to mug me in public, and take me out of public view into slums apartment and all that was going through my head was how much of a waste of time it was going to be, all I had was like 1.5k in cash and nothing in my inventory. I realize I should have stayed in role play now and I'm sorry, I'm still a partially new player and don't have all the rules memorized although I certainly have 2.24, 2.6 and 3.4 now after reviewing all the rules. Looking back I should have complied and created and f6 which I will be sure to do in the future.

This all happened in a matter of maybe 30 seconds and it was chaotic as the gunman was also trying to mug another player at the same time. I saw a messages pop up in my bottom right corner being spammed for ab 5 seconds saying I was breaking the rules. I thought this was a vicinity message to the mugger and didn't realize I was breaking the rules by going OOC. As I was being mugged at gunpoint my hands were up but I was arguing with the mugger and that was when ellie decided to intervene and phys gunned me into the building. Where we continued the role play and finished.

It now makes sense to me as to why I was ban over this and have analyzed my mistakes to not repeat them and become a better player but I'm very sorry, I now know better.

Additional Information: before this ban I was just unban a couple days before by Sindarin over an accidental ban that lasted two days for 3.4. He said he "entered the wrong steamid" which I saw as an honest mistake and didn't ask for compensation but a whole week ban after getting back from a mistake ban when my only other ban excluding the accidental one was 6 hours makes me sad. Please consider having me back earlier.

Reaction score

The reason you got a week is because you have six punishments both bans and warnings for 3.4 the last month alone and still you have problem understanding it. If you have any questions about 3.4 feel free to message me for an explanation so it won't happen again.

There is a consistent theme in your previous punishment that you don't feel the need to comply under gunpoint if you think the other pkayer is breaking the rules, and it have been explained to you before that you have to continue rp. The guy who gunpointed you never said he was mugging you, you were taken hostage.

Your accidental ban was removed as soon as Sindarin realised his mistake so that was not taken into consideration when you received your ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.