Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Apology [Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Erwin
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 5 Days

Your Steam Name: Benji
Your Roleplay Name: Anthony King
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:44745236

Why were you punished?: 3.4 - The user initiated a high speed pursuit with police over a minor traffic ticket.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I feel 5 days for something minor as this is excessive. I had recently sold drugs to the Dealer and felt that the Cop might have known that. When the Cop pulled me over he stopped for a really long time apparently on his Police Computer. Erwin insisted that I should somehow know that he's creating an incident and not calling for backup, I assumed the latter and tried to run to save my self from being arrested. Push comes to shove the Police chase me, they win, they arrest me. Everyones fine with the RP but he decided hes just gonna throw on a 5 day ban because I didn't magically assume no cops saw me selling drugs despite the Drug Dealer spot being inconspicuous and obvious as shit. And it being less than 2 or 3 minutes beforehand.

There was reasonable coincidence for me to feel I was going to be arrested for more than "Traffic Stop" the cop was being suspicious and weird. I was not rude at all in the report, I was up front and honest, I didnt insult any cops and they had fun too. Why am I being banned nearly half a week for something that barely affected anyone?

Yes, in hindsight now I know its a traffic stop it was not reasonable to run but at the time I didnt know that,. I'd just sold drugs + had a firearm and thought I was fucked.

A ban reduction would be appreciated, I'm not on the server to cause trouble and I usually only play in the Bazaar or on Police/Roadcrew, I made a small mistake that harmed no one and feel the result was unfair and not really giving me as a player fair treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

If you believe that a 5 day ban is excessive and you wish to dispute the length of the ban, a staff complaint must be made.

Reaction score
@Erwin I would like to change to an apology then. I am not disputing the ban itself as I did break a rule. I am sorry for that. I know you were just following the guidelines however I would ask for a ban reduction as I feel there were a few factors that warranted a misunderstanding on my part. It was genuinely just a few factors that made me misinterpret what was happening.

I appreciate your time in both here and the report even if I was upset. Thank-you for consideration.

Reaction score

Whilst I appreciate your apology, I do feel as though a 5 day ban is appropriate. Unfortunately, you will have to wait out the duration of this ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.