Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Apology
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Maia
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 1 Month

Your Steam Name: Thomas DeSimone
Your Roleplay Name: Harrison Coffey
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:44627859

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - User failed to follow simple orders under gunpoint //Longer ban due to atrocious record and how blatant the rule break was

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was being raided at Slums, and made a police report because I was stuck outside, when I noticed a police officer, I flagged them down and tried to get help. I was told to surrender, but I thought it would be too dangerous to drop my AK-101 into the public parking lot of Slums to the only cop on the block. I was warned more than twice to drop the weapon and I refused, I didn't believe he was going to shoot me after I made the minimal 911 report, and posed no threat to the officer. I've been in multiple scenarios where "/act surrender" has had others or myself killed, especially via misclick. I wasn't trying to break the rules, I was trying to keep myself and my friends' property from being raided, losing my rifle accordingly costed me and my friends their wellbeing. I'm sorry I misunderstood the situation because at the time I didn't think he, as a cop was allowed to shoot me for refusing to drop my rifle. I contacted a staff member afterwards to explain the situation to me and I now understand what I did wrong and how to prevent myself from making the same mistake. And I'm very sorry that my record is atrocious, I was 15 when I first joined the server, and I do my best to prevent further rule infractions, even if my lessons are learned the hard way.

Additional Information: I had a clip of everything that happened to get advice from staff, but I've already deleted it, and sadly can't show all that happened without a demo, which I'd be more than happy to provide if asked.

Last edited:
Reaction score
May I ask who the staff member was? You can send me that information in a PM if you do not wish to share it with everyone
@Ellie Before I deleted the clip; I had sent it to her and asked for her opinion/insight.

Last edited:
Reaction score

-ish

I appreciate the apology and hope that the discussion with Ellie helped you understand why what you did was wrong. Your life is worth more than a gun so you should always follow the orders under gunpoint regardless if you are not a threat to the officer as he cannot know if that is true.

I will not unban you but I will lower your ban from 1 month to 2 weeks so you will be able to play starting next week. Please be more careful in the future.

And I'm very sorry that my record is atrocious, I was 15 when I first joined the server, and I do my best to prevent further rule infractions, even if my lessons are learned the hard way.

You received 2 warnings for 3.4 in December 2022. Obviously I didn't take into account the rule breaks from 2019 backwards but 3.4 is a pretty basic rule that as an experienced player you should already be familiarized with.

Status
Not open for further replies.