Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4116

Appealing for: Ban
Appeal type: Dispute
Which staff member banned you: @Inchs

Your Steam Name: Sossa
Your In-game Name: Rafael Slaughter
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51081375

Why were you banned?: "2.5 - User shot someone for peacefully trying to leave a shootout "

Why do you feel the ban's invalid?: I feel like this ban is invalid because due to the fact Daniel drove an on-going shootout when it's clearly 3.4 to his side through an on-going shootout where bullets are flying left right around him. It would've made more sense if he hid in the car repair station and waited for the shoot-out to be over and then escaped but who's drives through a shootout? They always say whenever you hear bullets/shootout hide, escape, or fight back. Escaping and fighting back wasn't an option for this guy in this scenario because he would've died trying to kill us due to us outnumbering him and would've not been able to escape due to us blocking him in. The only reason we shot him was that he was escaping and we had the feeling he was armed and wanted to check if that was true, we told him to get out but instead, he started arguing why we were shooting him. If we had let him escape, same case scenario he could've stopped at the end of the road and started shooting us from a range. It's like cops pinpointing people who are in a car / visibly unarmed during a raid and telling them to put their hands up just to check if they're not armed. We wanted to the same thing and not just randomly RDM him because that would actually be 2.5 shooting while unarmed, we just wanted to do a quick check so we would not have to worry about him trying to flank us.

And I always got informed by staff members it's 3.4 to drive through a shootout, let's just take one of @Muffins warnings as an example to prove what Daniel did is not allowed and that he is in the wrong and not me.

3ddbb5005bfaf9fde6cb5ec272b85728.png

You can see here ^ he got a warning for just maneuvering through a bank robbery (shootout) and got a warning for it, where also seen in the video down below uploaded by Daniel he didn't maneuver but instead drove straight through it which even more 3.4.

And in what rule does it say we are forced to let him escape and ongoing shootout? As stated before, he could've for the same scenario flanked us from behind and we wanted to prevent that. I have never heard you're not allowed to shoot a guy who's escaping a shootout while we're literally killing his whole org in front of him. Fine if he wasn't directly linked to them but in this scenario, he was clearly part of them and maybe also armed. How am I supposed to know he's trying to leave "peacefully"? We didn't know if he was armed or not.

As seen in this video provided by my org member you can clearly see the shootout was still going on at the time he died and if you can see on the right side the whole part of the exit was blocked so there was no way of him leaving anyways. It was blocked. If he would've driven through somehow he would've been caught in the crossfire as seen in the video below.

Plus not to mention, this I haven't got anything against you inchs or anything but as I've known you for so long and know you're good friends with the creator of the action request and being in the same organization as he is, isn't it biased to deal with a report he made?

Plus what was he even doing there in the first place when his org members were already shooting somebody else before we shot them?

Additional Comment(s): When looking at such situations, I believe staff members should take into consideration intent. I had no intention of RDMing a player, I believed he did/would pose a threat to my life, so knowing that I did what any other person would do, and tried to stay alive (rule 3.6).
Evidence (Required for all server bans):

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Daniel drove an on-going shootout when it's clearly 3.4
The shootout began and I was next to Mooney who was shooting so I tried to get away from him as I didn't want him to think I was involved and didn't want to loiter around the shootout and risk breaking 3.4. as I tried to drive away Mooney shot at my car for no reason even though I wasn't driving towards him, this meant I didn't have to follow any of your commands. You can see I did try to follow your commands but you never gave me enough time and just RDM'D me, hence your 1 week ban.

Deleted member 4116

You drove through a shootout, that’s 3.4.

Reaction score
Denied

Daniel should probably not have tried to drive through and should have tried to hide but this doesn't justify you shooting him up when he was driving off. There are a lot of potentials in this situation and you should have let it play out a bit more before making the decision to kill him.

@Super_

Status
Not open for further replies.