Punishment Type: Ban
Punishment Subtype: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @Aquaa
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 3 Months

Your Steam Name: simplex
Your Roleplay Name: James Remington
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:85262218

Why were you punished?: 1.4 - Instructing a new player who was giving him a ride to ram vehicles. Has over a month playtime and is certainly aware that it's against the rules. Once brought to a sit he claimed he said it jokingly. Horrible record and no effort has been shown to conduct any kind of serious RP in this situation.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I would also like to explain my actions so you get a full picture, I just asked a random stranger for a ride to the roadcrew, he said yes, we drove from garage to the hardware store where there was a really slow driving bugatti ahead of us, I jokingly said "ram him", "ram the grandma" in the chat, and "hes so slow". The guy didnt even see my messages and ram the car then, 15 seconds later at the traffic light, the bugatti didnt start to drive when the light turned green, and the driver of the car gently rammed the bugatti, not because i said 20 seconds earlier in chat, but because he even admitted he was gonna do it anyway during the admin sit. I didnt know the guy was a new player, I wasnt able to see that when I jumped in his car when he was giving me a lift, all I did was say ram this grandma and now im banned for 3 months because he gently rammed the bugatti, I feel like this punishment is unfair on me

the reason on my ban states I was telling new players to ram 'vehicles', I had only met the guy 45 seconds prior to this occuring, so this bugatti was the only other vehicle we saw on the road from the main garage to hardware store, and I had no idea he was a new player, this ban makes it seem like im trying to get people to rule break, but when I said "ram him", I was actually in character at the moment and roleplaying, sometimes in real life I also joke about ramming the slow drivers on the road and pedestrians just for fun, just because I say something in character, doesnt mean im gonna do it

the guy literally got rammed at about 2mph, i didnt even expect it, it came randomly at a time when the moment passed after i joked about it, the guy did it off his own accord, i was literally just sitting in a passenger seat

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

After reviewing your demo the recount of events within the ban reason reflects entirely what you had done. You had told this individual several times to ram the car in front of him, encouraging him and even stating to them what you felt was a valid reason to do so. Along side the initial ban, The Ban extension being a necessity doesn't bode your case very well either.

Furthermore within the Demo I saw you, as an Officer, Speed code 3 with lights and sirens on for the sole intention of going off the Police job as well.

The other user was punished for their part of the situation and your ban was influenced via your record and your general nonchalant attitude towards what you did, which could have been resolved better with a simple apology on the spot.

If you wish to dispute the punishment length you need to make a staff complaint instead (I personally wouldn't bother, Your ban length reasoning was provided clearly and concisely enough).

A word of advice is to avoid making threads like this if you actually want to be treated with some sort of empathy within an administrative situation.

Reviewed with @steelo and @Clarky