Reaction score
Punishment Type: Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: Sean
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 4 Months

Your Steam Name: MalekIsWeird
Your Roleplay Name: Omar Asfour
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:137872891

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - User hit someone with a bat while under gunpoint resulting in his death. Longer ban due to horrible record for 3.4.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was banned for defending my life by using a baseball bat which I was armed with while the gunman was entering the room I was in before he could gunpoint me, let alone order me to surrender. In my POV it is shown that I had a baseball bat out and used it to defend my self. I was not unarmed and I was a deadly threat in where I utilized my weapon in an attempt to capitalize on the CQB area we were in by beating the criminal to death however obviously as shown I failed in my attempt though I still wasn't unarmed.

POVs are shown below, Please ask me if you require any Demos.

Lastly this is the highlight of my reasoning behind my course of actions highlighted from the 3.4 Guide I studied to avoid breaking 3.4 which I believe I have followed:

Additional Information: Reporter's POV:

My POV: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/QXAUQ1ODGLMeO/d1337az5Uh3O?invite=cr-MSxCbnEsNDA0MTMyOTks

The guide the picture above is shown from is here:

Reaction score
UPDATE: Rereviewing it, it literally does not look like gunpoint from your perspective at all, not sure if it's fair to punish you at all for that tbh, looks like a completely different situation from your end because of animations etc, coupled with ping/delay on everything you do I think it could be perfectly reasonable to say that your intent wasnt bad at all

gl mate

Last edited:
Reaction score

Reviewed with @Super_ , @glacial!

After my initial review of the provided evidence, I was very surprised to see that between the two POV's, they were portraying drastically different situations. In @Sorle 's POV, you can see yourself rushing towards him under gunpoint. However, from your point of view, you had your baseball bat out before he had even raised his weapon at you.

There is a very clear delay here that has exposed itself between the comparison of the two videos, and as a result, we do not feel that it's fair to issue you a ban over this especially taking your POV into account. @Sorle is also in agreement with this decision after reviewing your POV.

Please make sure you're careful, because the next time you do legitimately break 3.4 you can expect a ban of this length, if not longer, to be reinstated.

LAS7xEK.png

KbhMlbi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.