Ban Request On Gix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: |RS| Sam/ Sam Arnolds.
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Gix/ Nills tordenskoid
His/Her SteamID: (not sure, can an admin find out for me)
Why Should This Player Be Punished: So it was like 3 in the morning and there were about 5 players on but after i mugged Gix for his AK last time i was on (which i died at) he got annoyed and wanted to mug me, he did it in the parking garage and he didnt make it quick and say "Get in the car" then deal with npcs. He did it slowy and on the spot and it wasn't until his friend came along until they dealt with the npc which would have already called the police at this point here is the main rule he broke. 5.1 Mugging- Players are not allowed to mug more than 3 times in any 60 minute period; nor can they mug the same player twice, within any 60 minute period. Players may only mug other players in a realistic manner, for example mugging someone in the middle of a street is not realistic, muggings should only take place in locations which are out of the view of the public.
Evidence (Demo Required):
http://demo.ovh.eu/pt/711e4402ba1db583c3c641daa9293066/
Tick: not sure but the demo is only like 5 minutes long so...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, the city garage is way too public for a mug to happen. Gix did break the rules in this situation, so I will give this support.

Oh and, his IC name is; Nils tordenskoid

Reaction score
You tried mugging him infront of projex, public and a NPC is also there. It looked like you were stalling the rp and braking 3.4 because you didn't follow his commands and you were typing in /help. neutural

Last edited:
Reaction score
You said he mugged you last time you was on and on yesterday, that's not 60 minutes so clearly comment on how his breaking 5.1 and his an old Admin who probably knows old rules not new.

Reaction score
77d9f1bc62.png

ba445efdb5.jpg
See the car?
Someone came around the corner, if the driver would have noticed the weapon the appropriate emergency services would have been called, and technically it's a City with around 1-2k people if you look at all the buildings that don't have interiors ofc, this guy would have been caught in action immediately as a car park would normally be a busy place.

The garage is an extremely open and public area therefore this mug was pretty much invalid.

On your hand

You broke: 2.6. 3.4 and 3.6.

Specifically this sentence: after the ‘/report’ function has been used, the former player(s) should continue the role-play situation as best as to their ability, and within the confines of the rules, until either it has ended and/or an Administrator intervenes.

On his side

He broke: 3.4, 6.3, 3.24 and 5.1

He breaks 3.4 and 6.3 in a massive degree by shooting
b4e627dc7a.jpg

3.24 at 3:14 in video

And 5.1 in general.

Reaction score
77d9f1bc62.png

ba445efdb5.jpg
See the car?
Someone came around the corner, if the driver would have noticed the weapon the appropriate emergency services would have been called, and technically it's a City with around 1-2k people if you look at all the buildings that don't have interiors ofc, this guy would have been caught in action immediately as a car park would normally be a busy place.

The garage is an extremely open and public area therefore this mug was pretty much invalid.

On your hand

You broke: 2.6. 3.4 and 3.6.

Specifically this sentence: after the ‘/report’ function has been used, the former player(s) should continue the role-play situation as best as to their ability, and within the confines of the rules, until either it has ended and/or an Administrator intervenes.

On his side

He broke: 3.4, 6.3, 3.24 and 5.1

He breaks 3.4 and 6.3 in a massive degree by shooting
b4e627dc7a.jpg

3.24 at 3:14 in video

And 5.1 in general.

Cant reply coz im on my phone

It was 3 in the morning and no admins on

Reaction score
The only Gix I could find that had possibly played Gmod recently has his profile set on private, but this may be the steam id of the individual: STEAM_0:0:6234807

Reaction score
(Reply to @Brian Husky via phone)

Even if the npc was dealt with, it's still a public place in a busy part of town, and the corpse of the npc would be found causing an investigation to be triggered . The ak-47 was also fired, in the city with several inhabitants (as stated by exnem) living nearby which would call the emergency services due to these "warning shots".

If you are to excuse yourself with it being nighttime and having dealt with the npc, you could mug people anywhere as long as not in direct view of a npc, using this logic, which is obiviously not correct.

**edit due to phone**

Even if Sam broke rules it does not justify Gix's rulebreak

Last edited:
Reaction score
You also broke 3.4 by stalling RP. When someone is breaking the rules and he is mugging you in front of an NPC you should always comply then call the admin and get your stuff back if it was valid. But as I saw here he broke 5.1 and I +support this.

Although, you should be careful on stalling RP. After the mugging, call an admin and if you can't do a ban request like this one. The RP should go on.

Gix

Reaction score
I just want to point out it was at the middle of the night in game and the car was a my friends of mine. When I stopped you ran away after I told you to stop, and I was not in any way in line of sight of a npc. Mugging in a parkinglot is no way unrealistic as it happens every day. Also, this was not a revenge for you failing to rob me, in fact I didn't even know it was you before I exited the car deciding to mug you.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/70-year-old-grandma-mugged-in-walmart-parking-lot
http://www.wxyz.com/news/redford-po...d-a-family-dollar-employee-in-the-parking-lot
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015/01/police-five-women-mugged-in-dallas-area-parking-lots.html/
[DOUBLEPOST=1436016097,1436011172][/DOUBLEPOST]People are saying that the npc would take a stroll to check out whats going on in the parking lot. Thats just dumb, this is a game and the npc's are always fixed to one position. If you would assume that npc's could walk around checking out stuff that would limit every mugging ever. Robbing a guy in the underpass? Nope sorry, a npc was taking a piss and called the cops. Raiding a house in the forrest? Nope sorry, two npc's were on a date by the lake and decided to check it out. I was not in line of sight of the npc, and the initial attempt to stop Sam, which he failed to do at gunpoint, wasn't even near the npc. I think rule 5.1 is very clear on certain parts and up to interpretation. To me it seemed reasonable that an empty parking lot would not be a "public" space like the PD, city hall etc. However if thats not the case I admit fault, but it's also regrettable to play around npc's being able to take a peak or moving around.

Reaction score
+support
Everyone, who knows the rules in this server at least a bit, would know, that criminal offences in clear public is forbidden and will end in an warning or ban. At every second could come a police car around the corner, or a witness. Gix's shot could have make the NPC curious and lets him look what happens. To Gix's comment with the underpass toilets, there could be citizens, but at that moment, the rule with the NPC wouldn't count. Why? Because the NPC's are only there because its their workspace. There count's then only normal players.

Reaction score
To be fair Gix, the links you have provided doesn't matter, rules are rules and you have to play by them
bc424b639d.png
I received a warning for 5.1 in an area i thought were out of the way of the public. I were wrong, so wrong. But you mugging someone in an open space like the parking lot is clearly a violation of 5.1, 3.4 and in the process you broke 3.24 by saying "NPC" NPC's are Non Playable Characters and are in-game to add realism to shops instead of it being a simple button like "Press F4 to open pointshop" Just like we walk around, the npc's do the same. BTW you forgot that NPC at gas station and gun store who could have heard the noise, including the bank NPC's and safety store NPC when you shot. You have to act like they are doing stuff, like the delivery man NPC, carrying goods around and organizing for example, the safety store and gun store NPC is organizing the shelves or just organizing in general. If the white raptor weren't your friends they would have called the police and you would have been busted.

To be fair, you should either receive a warning or a ban.

The NPC's around the garage NPC would have an extreme amount of time to call the police before you dealt with them, and in the process you might have missed some.

BTW, what happened with;
b1b3a923a6.jpg

you said you were going to upload a demo.

Last edited:
Reaction score
accepted.jpg

The User "Gix" will receive a ban for breaking 5.1, 3.4 & 6.3. He specifically broke 5.1 due to the fact that the area in which the mugging took place would be classed under a "public area" regardless of what time of the day it is. 3.4 was broken as the warning shot that is see-able within the demo would of aroused and people nearby, therefore leading them to phone for the police and then leading "Gix" to be caught. 6.3 was broken as although the NPC has been placed in one area by the mapping developers; In a real life situation he would move over his booth to see what all the ruckas was all about, this would therefore lead to him catching "Gix" and reporting him to the police.

Now, Sam. You will be recieving a warning for breaking 2.6. Within that situation itself you could of easily continued on with how it was going, instead of simply saying things in "LOOC" and stalling the entire situation.
If a player(s) is in a role-play situation with another player(s) who has broken a rule, after the ‘/report’ function has been used, the former player(s) should continue the role-play situation as best as to their ability, and within the confines of the rules, until either it has ended and/or an Administrator intervenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.