ban the racist shit being said in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: ban the use of the n word in game, would follow under the rule 1.1. Should it be said the punishment has to be severe.

Why should this be added? (pros): makes the community a better place, eliminates the sorry excuse for being a racist irl.

What negatives could this have? (cons): ?

Other concerns: this shouldnt even be negotiable.

Reaction score
Surely it'd be 1.2?

2ffc277e9d.png

Deleted member 1235

This is something I feel needs to be addressed within the community.

I used to do 'Racist RP' if you want to call it that a while ago. Used to play 'Alabama N*****' on the TV, pick black players up (@rogue , @Danny ) and make them pick cotton in the farm. It was a few years ago but I'm pretty sure I dropped a few hard R's or other racist words. It was never excessive though, and was only used to emphasise the character I was role-playing.

The difference is, I knew the limit. You see now where people are spamming and saying the word, along with other slurs constantly in scenarios which couldn't even be considered roleplaying as a 'racist'.

Plantation owner whipping his slaves whilst they pick cotton? That roleplaying as a racist.

Raiding someone with your org and calling the enemies/cops all N******? That's you being a irl racist.

People here who are pretending they RP as a racist just so they can spam the N word is a pathetic excuse to cover up intentional racism. Whilst I don't think it was be plausible or enforceable to ban the words entirely, there should be rules stating the extent and context in which it may be used. And being arrested by a black cop or killed by a black (or even white, they'd still use the word) player is not one of those reasons.

And for the record. As unique and as funny we found the slave/racist RP, I look back on it now and physically cringe that such words came out my mouth. It's one thing to type it, but to sit there and speak it is just wrong.

Reaction score
No matter how much I support the elimination of racism - look to any of my shoutbox rants - I don’t really know if it’s wise to start cherry picking banned words.

By stating that racism is not tolerable IC in voice, it’ll be hard as hell to justify not banning homophobic, transphobic remarks: in fact any discriminatory rhetoric or language.

This would kinda come off more of a “white guilt” move than a real step to combating discrimination.

I can tell you that plenty of people supporting this are guilty of calling me a faggot or tranny.

Kinda shouts loud that there are people acting for the face value of not seeming discriminatory whilst really having no empathy or respect.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Most of the people saying this shit (including people casually dropping the n word.) are the whitest people you’ll ever see. Really doesn’t add anything unless you are trying to portray a “gangsta” in which cases maybe allow for more leniency

Reaction score
Accepted "Ish"

The use of the phrase will not be outright banned however excessive use will be acted upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.