Basic RP-Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trande

Roleplaying in general

Roleplaying is very easy, everyone can Roleplay, but not everyone wants to. I am Roleplaying for one and a half year now, mostly Serious Roleplay. It can be fun, if everyone wants to, but what, if you are new and have no idea about it? Just read this guide.

~Out-Of-Character, and In-Character.

OOC is Out-Of-Character, everything what is happening in Real Life. It's very simple. You're hungry in Real Life? So you go and get food OOC'ly.
IC is In-Character, everything what is happening to your CHARACTER
happens IC'ly.
Example:
Your character is a citizen, and someone shoots him. Nobody does harm to you. Simply your character gets killed.
Conclusion: Your character is not you. Don't feel personally insulted, if someone shoots your guy.

~Serious Roleplay

We're all playing Serious Roleplay, this means it is about developing your character. It's not about getting items, and weapons.

In General: It's not allowed just to kill for fun. This is COMPLETELY UN-RP. This just destroys the fun of playing for everyone.

Little Roleplay example:

Cop: Sir, please put your hands up, you fit the description of a known drug dealer.
Citizen: No fk u

**The Citizen runs around the Cop.

Wrong.

Always try to use proper grammar, and never just run around a cop, this kills the fun and isn't Roleplaying. Except, if you Roleplay some braindamaged guy, who left the nuthouse without effect.

Cop: Sir, please put your hands up, you fit the description of a known drug dealer.
Citizen: No, fuck you, sir.

Wrong.
But better, he used proper grammar, and didn't just ran around him. BUT he never FearRPed. Nobody would just Insult the Police, since they are obviously better trained than a normal citizen.

Citizen: Alright, sir. I am sure it's a big mistake.

**The Citizen puts his hands up.

Right! He did what the Officer said, and he made no trouble. Just like a real person would do.

~Fear Roleplay

Also called FearRP is, obviously, Roleplaying fear. You're a normal Citizen, unarmed, or outnumbered. You wouldn't just take out your gun, and fire towards 10 cops. You would give up, or run like a burning motherfucker.
Also, Cops, you aren't RoboCop. If you stand infront of a Terrorist, who is holding you on gunpoint with a AK-74, you just stand still, and do whatever he wants. Running away would get you killed. So, you
DON'T do it.

Example: You are walking through the city, and five people are walking up to you. They are asking you to give you money, or they'll paint the wall with your blood. You can run away, or just give them the money. You'd NEVER just start punching them.

Little Roleplay example:

Back to the example, we know how to roleplay fear now.

Citizen: Okay, sir. But I am not a drug dealer, sir, I promise.

**The Citizen puts his hands up.

Cop: Sure, sure.

**The Cop searches his inventory, and finds nothing.

Cop: Alright, sorry for the disturbance, you can go.

**The Citizen walks off.

Everything went out fine, as you can see. And nobody got shot. Roleplaying is fun, if everyone Roleplays properly.

~The Police Force

The Police Force, they aren't your enemy, they help the citizen, and keep crime off the streets. Of course, you are more powerful as a police officer, but you still have to Roleplay. A Police Officer who has no idea about Roleplaying? This is a no-go. Cops have to be the best Roleplayers on the server, or everything will end up in anarchy, or even worse, boredom.

Example: The police officer chased a subject. The subject stops, and leaves the vehicle, unarmed. The police officer fires several rounds on the subject.

No. This is completely Un-Rp. Use the voice chat and yell at him to put his hands up, cuff him, if he refuses to.

Another example: The subject steps out, holding a gun in one hand, the officer runs behind his car, yelling at him, and calling backup.

Yes. Here he wants to keep himself out of fire alive, so he is perfectly FearRping. He calls backup, so the subject will be down soon.

~SWAT

The elite of the elite. Only called, if there isn't another way.

But, you'll never have much to do, you don't pull over cars, or join in puirsuits, you only raid stuff.

Example: A SWAT officer is pulling over someone.

No. The city wouldn't have enough money to pay you for traffic stops. Let the normal officers do it, while you stay in the base and eat donuts, or exercise sports.
Keep in mind, you are still human. You aren't the Transhuman Arm, or something like this. You get injured, and die easily, like every other person on this world. And you don't run around alone. You are called a SWAT TEAM, not a SWAT guy.

Important side notes:

Car accidents:Car accidents happen often, and can be very much fun, if you roleplay it properly.

Example: You ram a car with 30 km/h, you are clean, not wanted, you don't just drive off. This is FearRP. You rammed someone, and possible injured him, so go out, and check your opponent. Is he alive, or well? Yes, so call the police. They'll come and sort out. Who's fault is it? Why it happened? Just stay there, and Roleplay.

Cop baiting:Cop baiting is, if you obviously bait cops. Driving like shit on purpose, because you want a nice chase is cop baiting. This is one of the most annoying things. It's completely un RP, and against FearRP. You don't want the cops to chase you for fun. Again, except you Roleplay a braindamaged guy.

More will be added soon.

Thank you for reading, I hope you like it. Feel free to suggest parts I have to add! I will add more soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Nice guide mate. What I agree a lot about this guide is that people don't realize much how fun role-playing is. People often do not RP situations they can, they just ignore it and most of the times RP just when they are required to. Car crashes are a good example of this. After hitting each other accidentally people usually just keep driving. If they instead get out of their cars and argue about who is the responsible of the crash, then whoever responsible pays the other guy a small amount of money and apologize it would make a good RP situation. By every little roleplaying situation like this, we can make an overall better roleplaying experience in the server. People just need to WANT to role-play.

Trande

Ruby said:
Nice guide mate. What I agree a lot about this guide is that people don't realize much how fun role-playing is. People often do not RP situations they can, they just ignore it and most of the times RP just when they are required to. Car crashes are a good example of this. After hitting each other accidentally people usually just keep driving. If they instead get out of their cars and argue about who is the responsible of the crash, then whoever responsible pays the other guy a small amount of money and apologize it would make a good RP situation. By every little roleplaying situation like this, we can make an overall better roleplaying experience in the server. People just need to WANT to role-play.
Exactly! But it's getting better, actually. I had awesome RP situations yesterday, I hope it will even increase! And thanks for the reply! :)

Trande

RockstarGritys said:
EXCELLENT! Seems like a teach lessons, to a guy that doesn´t know how to play, and likes to troll everyone. GOOD!
Thank you! :D

Reaction score
Very nice and detailed guide!
Thank you for taking the time to write all these it was really helpful

Reaction score
Hey Trande!
I told in death howls post to make a guide how to RP today, but couldn't post it yesterday, just wanted to make you sure that, and I first now got Internet to read your guide
That is an amazing job you did there, honestly. I really, really much hope that, the players of the community will get taught, how our Roleplay actually works/how easy it can be. I left for inactivity due to depression, but also a lot because there were many people who had no intention to Roleplay, and meanwhile that situation, I suggested 12 long ideas for RP on a Light RP Pulsar effect community, and they did not care at all, even not my effort, so I was getting bored of both communities. However I remember when I was playing a Saturday, I did attempt to RP as an injured man in a blue vw beetle, I was in an accident at the intersections, and was stuck inside with hazard lights on. Everybody passed by and yelled at me to move, even cops and lieutenant after I issued multiple 911's. I really hope this guide will reach some people! :) Btw, it could be awesome if you update it with a Roadcrew guide (not many knows how it is failrp to do different things.) Keep up with the great work if appropriate for your fingers xD

Status
Not open for further replies.