BBC News - Register Your Interest!

M

Reaction score
bbclogo001.jpg
The Concept
We will trial a day where most of the day will feature a running twitch stream with scheduled reports and breaking news/emergency coverage. It will feature all the professional idioms of any running news channel; only in PERP, shit will hit the fan every two minutes or so.

How it will work
There will be one master-streamer which controls all VODs, streams and shows. Throughout the day, there will be scheduled news bulletins and pre-recorded reports; in a studio, we will have a rota of reporters presenting the news and general stories within Paralake.

What we need
We need a confident and dedicated group of people to fulfill the following roles:
  • Cameramen - Will require good internet and PC in order to provide supplementary streams of reports and events that can be edited into the main stream.
  • Reporters - Reports live from scene.
  • Producers - Create stories for reporters to manufacture a report upon.
  • Presenters - General news presenters.
Currently Involved
@Dante - Most likely to be our main presenter.
@Duffy - Political Correspondant

Up for the challenge?

Register your interest below. Keep in mind that you will have an assigned rota on a day surrounding the availability you provision to us; you should dedicate to this otherwise you will be barred from future, similar projects.

Code:
Name:
Desired Role:
Why you would suit this role:

Questions?
If you have any inquiries to make regarding this project, please do not hesitate to start a forum conversation with me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1235

Pfft biased BBC. I'm Rupert Murdoch's bitch ;)

Anyway

Name: Sam Duffy (Both IC and OOC)
Desired Role: Presenter
Why you would suit this role: Well I've had experience both on a news channel and live on TV and I managed not to bugger that up. so I thought why not try it here. Not to mention I did something like this in year 8 (BBC School Report) where we had to make our own BBC news session and I spoke as a presenter about the war in Libya, we came 3rd 1st. I'll love to take part depending on the date/times.

Reaction score
Name: Hayden James
Desired Role: Reporter
Why you would suit this role: I would like to take on this role because I like to have a challenge and I have a good confidence level on me so I wont be a shy presenter and give my 110% attitude to the stream. My voice will be clean + before I have been on an actual BBC School report when I was in year 5 :O Many years ago so yer. Also this is kinda related but not, once I went to a football game with about 30,000 people and I was interviewed on a screen.

Reaction score
Name: Michelle Bowman
Desired Role: Reporter
Why you would suit this role: What can i say, i owned a news network, and the person primarily responsible for reporting anything was me.

Reaction score
Name: Jake Green
Desired Role: Camera man
Why you would suit this role: I always have taken a interest in this kind of thing, also I have experience in this area because of what I used to do through school. I know a lot about camera angles and filming in general. I also would be very dedicated to the program as try to do as much as possible for it. This is something I would love to be involved in and would like to be given a chance.

Last edited:

ThomasGeorge

Name: Thomas George
Desired role: Presenter/Reporter.
Why would you suit this role: I am able to perform a variety of impressions and accents, and report on events to the utmost professionalism that would be considered better than the Daily Mail.

Reaction score
Name:
IC: Soul Evans
OOC: Devon Propst
Desired Role: Reporters
Why you would suit this role: I feel like I could be a great representor on many diffrent Crime Scences and diffrent occasions, I will be active on the crime scenes and In-game. I have been at the very diffrent Crime Scenes and think what will probaly happen and what may happen and narrate It myself. I am also very quick meaning that I can get out of sticky situations so more medics and more bad things that can happen.

Trande

Name: Trande
Desired Role: Angry guy commenting everything in the comments, because I have nothing to do all day. Kinda the "Blame it on Obama"-guy.
Why you would suit this role: You know why.

Reaction score
Name:
IC: Aidan Keis
OOC: [FFG] Aidan|DaleAGaming
Desired Role: Cameraman
Why you would suit this role: I love doing camera work I know how to take good shots and I do a lot of camera work in real life I know how to trick the scene to make it look like cars are going faster how to make it look more spooky. This is something that you should give me a chance in and we can make the BBC better :D

Reaction score
Steam name: [PH] Napoleon Bonaparte
IC name: William Anderson
Desired Role: Producer
Why you would suit this role: first of all, I see that everyone who wants to join already chose all the jobs but producer. I like to create stories and I've a good imagination ( realistic one if necessary). I'm organized and I can create lovely stories. If you ask me to make a funny story, a dramatic story, a realistic story... I will make it. I think that this project will be cool and we will have a lot of fun with it.

Reaction score
Name: Dylan Smith
Desired Role: Camera Man
Why you would suit this role: I have over 11.57 Mpbs upload speed which can help livestream, I also have livestream software and a camera which is super HD. I have a nice and small Mini Cooper. Also I have been in your last organization "The Paralake Army". I will do a good job BBC News. I try not get my self killed and try not to get my self arrested but in some cases I have a Beretta M9 on me for protection.

PC Specs:

Operating System, Processor And RAM:
http://i.imgur.com/VQAyZ6Q.png?1

Graphics Card:
http://i.imgur.com/JyQJXzB.png?1

Internet Speed:
http://i.imgur.com/e0VsZeN.png?1

Reaction score
Test runs for shows are going great. Everything put out on the twitch is live from the game. Pretty nifty.
Here's the set up
792d967d91.jpg

And here's the result
b2c90db05f.jpg

Stream is twitch.tv/paralakenews . Not live atm but will be

EDIT: Since people are asking how this is working, i'll explain as best as I can.
The green screen shown in the set up picture is a loop being displayed on an admin TV. Then, using XSplit, the appropriate pictures and videos are superimposed. Everything technical is done by @Chris , @Duffy and Josh are reporting and I'm doing something (i'm not sure what)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Name: Nywoe Idie ( Changing to Henry Charleston)
Desired role: Presenter
Why would you suit this role: Because i believe i have a perfect voice as people do comment on the fact i can sound like David attenbrough ( Please i don't exactly know how to spell the last name ) and that i can easily and smoothly read through a script as i have achieved high reading levels in the past. Also i can put emphasis into my voice easily making it more appealing to the audience

Plus i get to work with mister political himself :) ( totally not Duffy)

Last edited:

MattIs

Name: Kaminari Wang
Desired Role: Asian Correspondent
family-guy-Tricia-Takanawa-1.jpg

Why you would suit this role: Hello, My name is Mrs Wang. I have a strong personality with demand to know the truth. As a reporter I can ask the questions people want to know with a slight sense of humor.

Reaction score
Name:
IC: Aidan Keis
OOC: [FFG] Aidan|DaleAGaming
Desired Role: Cameraman
Why you would suit this role: I love doing camera work I know how to take good shots and I do a lot of camera work in real life I know how to trick the scene to make it look like cars are going faster how to make it look more spooky. This is something that you should give me a chance in and we can make the BBC better :D
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4231721526

Reaction score
Name: Paul Rivera
Desired Role: Presenter
Why you would suit this role:
I would like to present the daily news to our citizens and I can perform in a smooth and interesting way. I have a deep and calm voice which fits for a presenter and bringing everydays news to the people is something that I enjoy furthermore do I not have any promblems reading of a script and I can talk without pronounciation errors. This job would be a good opportunity for me to show the viewers a new and likeable face, presenting their daily news.

Reactions: M