Being able to blacklist people from government jobs as mayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Na1

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Being able to blacklist certain people going on duty as certain jobs

Why should this be added? (pros): Prevents people being minges, frees up slots for others

What negatives could this have? (cons): Could be used to target people.

I see this as a good idea as it gives the mayor the ability to stop certain people from committing in game crimes with the government equipment.

The blacklist can be overturned be a SGT+ or a staff member in the cases of the abuse of the function

(The blacklist would go away once the mayor is no longer in office)

Reaction score
Staff already have the ability to do this, non staff members will more likely than not never be given the opportunity to outright blacklist a community member from a job. If a member of the PD is minging or breaking policy a police supervisor may issue a suspension, they can also demote other government jobs for misconduct. If you see someone misusing a government job you should contact a police supervisor (SGT+) or make a report.

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Being able to blacklist certain people going on duty as certain jobs

Why should this be added? (pros): Prevents people being minges, frees up slots for others

What negatives could this have? (cons): Could be used to target people.

I see this as a good idea as it gives the mayor the ability to stop certain people from committing in game crimes with the government equipment.

The blacklist can be overturned be a SGT+ or a staff member in the cases of the abuse of the function

(The blacklist would go away once the mayor is no longer in office)

Agree, today we had a minge going for SS after being demoted 3 times, totally +support this, mayor should be able to control his staff

Reaction score
Staff and Supervisors are there for a reason. There is no need for this to be added as Mayor is easily accessed by anyone in the community, regardless if approval was needed.

Na1

Reaction score
Staff and Supervisors are there for a reason. There is no need for this to be added as Mayor is easily accessed by anyone in the community, regardless if approval was needed.
There are reason to demote government offical that arn't against the rules so staff can't deal with that, also in situations like this morning there wasn't any supervisors on and so they were not able to demote the person. This suggestion isn't aimed towards giving the mayor more power, it's sort of a last line of defence when there isn't any highups in the PD on.

Reaction score
I stand by my opinion that I even disagree that mayors should have the power to demote SS agents, let alone the entirety of the government workers. Mayors do not run police departments, medical or fire services, mayors only assign funding to them.

Atop of this the method the mayor job is acquired is solely to win an in game vote (which most people only random click or vote their friends) and giving them the ability to ruin someone’s gameplay experience out of spite of the other player or to annoy the player, or due to the direct result of criticism towards the mayor for slots, vehicles and pay settings.

If you have a valid and legitimate reason to have someone removed from a job, make a report or contact a police supervisor and they will review your reasoning and do this on your behalf should they mutually agree that removal from the job is the best course of action for the sake of RP.

There are reason to demote government offical that arn't against the rules so staff can't deal with that, also in situations like this morning there wasn't any supervisors on and so they were not able to demote the person. This suggestion isn't aimed towards giving the mayor more power, it's sort of a last line of defence when there isn't any highups in the PD on.
Any and all reasons to have someone removed from a job and blacklisted constitutes as a rule break under both rule 4.1 and specific job rules therefor staff should and most likely would be dealing with it. I can’t think of a reason to blacklist someone from a job by any means that wouldn’t constitute as a rule break.

Reaction score
About 99.8% of the time there is at least one staff member or PD Supervisor on that can demote someone who is misbehaving. By giving mayor the ability to control his staff you are simply asking for someone to get mayor and mass demote the entire police force.

Reaction score
About 99.8% of the time there is at least one staff member or PD Supervisor on that can demote someone who is misbehaving. By giving mayor the ability to control his staff you are simply asking for someone to get mayor and mass demote the entire police force.

Exactly, the problem are the .2%... Any mayor can choose not to have a certain person as SS if he so chooses during his term, I dont see where's the problem here

Reaction score
I got blacklisted by Mayor for the reason “sus imposter”, they do not need anymore power.

Reaction score

The mayor doesnt require any brain power or whitelist or anything so wouldnt trust everyone with this, use sergeants or staff members who have this ability already

Status
Not open for further replies.